Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dilemma for Gannon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I had a chance to move up north to take a pub I would agree in principal with my wife that if I was offered the job we would take it. If she didnt want to move I would say thank you but no thanks and not bother with an interview. I think that he would have been a good manager for us but he has had his chance and rejected it so lets move on. My only reservation with Slade is will we have a Gritt situation keep us up but not be able to reproduce the next season and be sacked in October/November.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I had a chance to move up north to take a pub I would agree in principal with my wife that if I was offered the job we would take it. If she didnt want to move I would say thank you but no thanks and not bother with an interview. I think that he would have been a good manager for us but he has had his chance and rejected it so lets move on. My only reservation with Slade is will we have a Gritt situation keep us up but not be able to reproduce the next season and be sacked in October/November.

The Goldstone crowd had a big part in keeping us up under Gritt, I seem to remember (and I may be wrong) that we continued to be dire away under Gritt and only stayed up because of the points gained at the Goldstone ( and of course the comeback at Hereford). Slade has already proved he can motivate us away from home, albeit with a great away following. Gritt was pretty clueless once we got to Gillingham (sacriledge to some of you but true, he had to go)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wouldnt dispute that but it doesnt matter wether your form is good at home and poor away or vice versa it is going to lead to problems. Whoever is appointed manager will be expected to make a realistic challenge for the play offs as the automatic places will be taken very soon after the start of the season with the teams coming down.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
i dont know why people talk about gannon when we seem to have a perfectly good manager in slade who has done terrificly to get us in this position in the first plce

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No disrespect to Gannon but if we lose and go down I will not welcome him here. I know its a profession and he has to do a job but I'm human and it will be a bad taste in my mouth. Sorry.

Anybody else think that Gannon may not necessairly want to beat us on Saturday so that if he jons us next season we will be in league one rather than league two?

Err...no. You make the error of not considering it from his point of view. It would obviously be far more beneficial for him to start in League 2 as success in his first season would be much easier to come by.

Tiger Barb

Jan 31, 2009
Finland (where else?)
Wouldnt dispute that but it doesnt matter wether your form is good at home and poor away or vice versa it is going to lead to problems. Whoever is appointed manager will be expected to make a realistic challenge for the play offs as the automatic places will be taken very soon after the start of the season with the teams coming down.

It doesn't always work out like that ask Leeds ...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It doesn't always work out like that ask Leeds ...

Yes maybe 1 of them will be up there but they will all lose most of their 1st teamers from this season due to high wages and players not wanting to drop a division. So it is not a foregone conclusion as they will need to rebuild and that is not always easy

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Plus one of the teams coming down are going to be starting on at least -10 if not -25.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was very impressed with the way Stockport played the game today and if DK has another mad moment and decides not to appoint Russel Slade I would be happy for him to approach Gannon again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here