Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Cameras

E

enigma

A few questions.

Where is a good site to buy them from?

I have seen a few good deals on Amazon. Are ACER a good brand or not?

How many megapixels should I aim for? Im thinkig 5-6 million.

Thanks.

:)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shops (Jessops, Fotosound) will match the Internet price of you ask them.

There is a shop in Burgess Hill that can be a price guide.

Last edited:

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7 is a great camera. just bought it because it has one of the lowest shutter lags, which means i can actually get a photo of my son smiling when he does it and not by luck!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have a Casio EX-S500...............very slim and well enginered, big screen,no viewfinder..............5 Megapixels............good pics except landscapes in certain fading light conditions

overal very pleased............................................8/10

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
dude have a look on amazon.co.uk, I had a look this morning and its BY FAR the cheapest site for them, as it is for most electrical stuff to be fair !!

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
acer make computers,unreliable computers.the laptop i am typing this on is an acer and its been back 4 times in less than 3 years. dont buy a computer from them let alone a camera.

the number of pixels is less importent than the lens quality and certainly less important than the OPTICAL zoom size,you can always crop on the computer but the bigger proportion of your selected image in the raw shot the less you have to magnify the pixels that you have.

i have a minolta with 3.2 megapixels and an 8 times optical zoom

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
One of the Argos catalogue 'wow' offers a 7 megapixel Samsung A7 camera at £164 was actually £30 cheaper on Amazon. I'd recommend it too, great camera.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Regards the amount of pixels - it depends how big you are going to want to print the pictures out to.
5m pixels will print decently to 11" x 14" but a 3m pixel camera will print perfectly to 10" by 8". You can get a better camera for the same money with 3m pixels (zoom/memory/shutter speed/resolution/battery life/CCD wise etc) than buying a lesser camera without such good features just because it has 5m pixels.

I would stay away from Acer though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Park Cameras are a friend of the Albion and will do you a good deal.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
good god.i agree with a leeds fan except for the fact memory is irrelevant as its so cheap ,1gb is paper round money

steer clear of the acer if you want a cheepie you might as well go to ford market at least you can see the crap before you buy

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
northstandnorth said:
good god.i agree with a leeds fan except for the fact memory is irrelevant as its so cheap ,1gb is paper round money

Sometimes we have good things to say!

I meant the type of memory the camera uses rather than size- someone people swear by one type over the rest. We've always used Cf and I would be reluctant to buy a camera that uses something els.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Park Cameras, use them as a price guide. If they don't knock off the train/petrol fare, go there instead.

It is worth 20% to take it back: the digital cameras are not that reliable! About 50% break down and have to be thrown away in 18 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here