Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dig in the Ribs - Avoid at all costs!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Jam, when stuff like that happens it is time to call Environmental Health at the local council and get the twats closed down...at least until the management sort the place out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Jam, when stuff like that happens it is time to call Environmental Health at the local council and get the twats closed down...at least until the management sort the place out.

NO, not untill i get one last whole rack of ribs from them

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I used to like Digs, but have found it a bit disappointing last couple of visits. I went to Los Amigos in Hove on Friday night though, had the spicy chicken wings and a 10 oz fillet cooked to perfecton. That place is the SHIZ

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I always find that you tend to get hard done by when you go to restaurants in a group. Any shared platters/starters tend to have less per person then small groups and I have never worked out how they can justify a supplement for a large group.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't help but share this with you...

Had a table for 10 booked at Digs on saturday - was really looking forward to it as I'd heard it was a good place for a meal.

We got there and ordered our meals - we didn't go for starters as we thought we'd be there too long! As it is, it took around 40 minutes for all but one of our main meals to arrive - One of our party had to wait for another 20 minutes...all for a vegetarian meal!!!

We then finished our meals and the plates were taken away and around 30 minutes later the waiter asked if we wanted any desserts. Me and two others ordered tequila's and everyone else ordered desserts. Anyway, an hour later, nothing had arrived. So we asked one of the waitresses if we could order some drinks and where the desserts were and she said she didn't do drinks and just walked off!!!

Then about 15 minutes later another waiter came and asked if we wanted to order anything!!!

In the meantime, there was a couple on a table near the window and the chap had got his food, but his partner hadn't - they'd been waiting 30 minutes since the man had received his main course and was waiting for her meal to arrive to start. Then another party behind us also said that they hadn't received a couple of main courses and then another girl from the upstairs came to complain that they hadn't been served.

We then asked for the bill. When it arrived they had the cheek to charge us for the desserts and tequila's that we had never received, they added on 12% service charge and didn't remove the £50 deposit!

Bearing in mind the bill was £186, when I said about the desserts, they re-calculated the bill and it came to £184!!!!

Luckily Mrs Supaseagull had a mini-statement confirming that they had taken the £50 deposit, but they were not going to take it off until I said to them either they take off the £50 or they don't get paid at all!

To top it off, they didn't even apologise or anything!!

Dig in the Ribs? more like Pain in the *rse!!! Avoid at all costs!

Send the top bloke at Dig in the Ribs a copy of your review - you'll be eating there like a KING sometime in the near future (tho if the staff get wind of who you are, be prepared for poo in yer rat-a-tooey (f*** it, life's WAY too short to look up the correct spelling of THAT particular word).

Anyways, be sure to send your review off to the top bod - and maybe let them know you posted it on a message board with two MILLION posts - we'll til last weekend it did. Don't get mad, get even. f*** 'em UP! :banana:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Dare I say it, but Preston Street is not the first place I head for some nosh.
Some shoddy joints down there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
los amigos as i said earlier is the place for MEXICAN

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The last time I went there was about 1996. I was there with the ex-missus and we were sat next to a hen do who were playing "I have never", that game where one player says something that they have never done i.e. "I have never been sacked" and the rest of the party has admit to it if they have and generally relate the story.

After an hour and a half of "I have never had a lesbian sex romp/swallowed/had anal sex/ had a threesome" and the associated stories even I was blushing under the very attentative eye of my ex, who was a jealous cow at the best of times. I never went back after that, partly because of that experience and partly because the food was f***ing shite.

Anyone remember Paris Texas? That place did the deep south thing with much more panache.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Used to love it there, good food and atmosphere. But when we took our one year old boy there (six years ago) we were shoved in a corner and treated as though we were leppers. Went there again in 2005 and found it to be decidedly average with generally poor service. Shame as it used to be so good. Seems everyone on that review site has slagged it off, it would appear to be under new ownership. Shame Paris Texas closed a few years back, that was really good. Might have to try Los Amigos, sounds excellent.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Los Amigos in Hove is a good call as are La Piazza and China Hins if you like your chinese scran.

As someone else put on here earlier, if you dispute the quality and service pay what you feel is reasonable under the circumstances but don't take the piss, as long as you provide them your contact details tell them to regard the difference as a civil debt and chase you in court for payment. I've been called numerous times to restaurants with punters disputing the bills and the restaurant saying they are refusing to pay etc (as if we don't have better things to do!!) that advice works every time, the restaurant get something, then punter gets a sizeable discount and I don;t have to nick anyone - job done!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Went there about 3 months ago, after remembering how good it was years
ago.
I won't be going back. The service was awful, we got served the wrong meals and the price was well over the top for the type of food.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As someone else put on here earlier, if you dispute the quality and service pay what you feel is reasonable under the circumstances but don't take the piss, as long as you provide them your contact details tell them to regard the difference as a civil debt and chase you in court for payment. I've been called numerous times to restaurants with punters disputing the bills and the restaurant saying they are refusing to pay etc (as if we don't have better things to do!!) that advice works every time, the restaurant get something, then punter gets a sizeable discount and I don;t have to nick anyone - job done!

That approach only works of course, if the restaurant hasn't taken your credit card details to 'guarantee' your booking (as lots do). If you refuse to pay, they'll just take your money anyway and you'll have to sue them to get your cash back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here