Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Different teams for 1st 3 games?

Seeing as we have 3 games in the first week, with the second one the Cup tie at Cardiff, would you play completely differently teams for some of these matches?

We have a large enough squad to do it and it could be an exercise to have a first eleven 'league' team for Crewe - a 'reserve' 11 against Cardiff and then the combined best against Northampton?

It would at least give the management a chance to see pretty much all the palyers in competitive fixtures nice and early in the season?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not really.I would try and keep a settled side straight away.If not then play a weaker side against Cardiff.I'm not interested in this comp.I'd rather take the JPT more seriously

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Pre-season is the time to piss about when the season starts i don't want Wilkins having any excuses.

Funny I thought we had professionals who could manage 270 minutes of football in a week

The point is do you want to see the same 11 or 12 players for those 270 minutes or a lot of others in a competitive situation which pre season is not!! At least then every one has an opportunity to properly impress the management (or otherwise)rather than be left on the side lines for weeks waiting for an opportunity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think he should.

Results at the beginning of the season dont matter anyway :jester:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Cardiff put a weakened side out against Barnet in the Carling Cup last season - and lost 2-0 at home. Think we should be sending our best side down there.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, we have DW in charge not Sven, play the strongest team for every game...if we are 3-0 up against Cardiff and cruising then make a couple of substitutions and give the players on the bench a run out to see how they do in the first team, that is about as far as I would stretch it. There is a long season ahead, we need a good start, won't get that by needlessly chopping and changing the team...work out a best 11 from the friendlies, isn't that the whole idea of playing them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"8 days a week." I'll leave it to Wendy, it's what he's paid for. :ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here