Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diet & Exercise! Is it worth it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
adrian29uk said:
And as my girlfriend says, if you wear black it makes you look slimmer :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Well Dwayne doesn't need to.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Been trying to lose some weight for a week now. I gave up smoking nearly 3 years ago and put on 5 stone :ohmy: . I've become lazy and the stereo-typical couch potato slob...and i really want to see my 8 year old daughter grow up.

So since last week, i've given up the booze. I had a few cans pretty much every night plus i've just given up eating the shit such as crisps and cakes.

I walk wherever i can and i walk there quickly. I just had to walk into the centre of Lewes to get a car battery. 15 minute walk there, 15 back with a heavy battery and boy was i sweating my nuts off.

I also have a 3 year old Springer spaniel which has boundless energy and needs long walks so that'll be good and i've started taking the kids at my daughters school for football training once a week and i love that.

So keep with it.....once it starts, the weight will fall off

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
smudge said:
f***ing hell, touched a nerve there fat boy. When was the last time you saw your knob? When you find it, try giving it a tug & get rid of some of that stress. Might burn a few calories too!

:lolol:

Who's touched the nerve? Who's got the stress? :lol:

When it's this easy to make you bite it's not even any fun :yawn:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I decided I would detox coming up to christmas but I have a dreadful pain in my back. Does anyone know if this is down to the detox. I have suffered from a bad back previously so I'm not 100% sure

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good luck jevs, sounds like you are taking the right approach, everything gradual rather than trying to shock the body into action.

Went to the gym this morning, it is a pretty good mix of people who are obviously very fit, those who appear very unfit but are doing something about it, plus your usual pretty boys preening themselves in front of the mirrors in the free weights area.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Im re-joining the gym in January. Not coz its January and everyone joins then, but coz that the next time I'll be able to afford it. Started doing a few things recently to lose a bit though, cycling to work 2 or 3 times a week and also not eating after 9pm. I used to have a sarnie or cereal around midnight and then go to bed - that does you no good at all. Seems to be working a little, my old work trousers are fitting me again! :)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Gully said:
Good luck jevs, sounds like you are taking the right approach, everything gradual rather than trying to shock the body into action.

Yeah...it can have the opposite effect if you starve yourself.....your body literally thinks you are starving and therefore holds on to the fat in case it needs it in future.

Aim to lose 2-3 lb a week by just making small, sensible and gradual changes....and make sure the excercise is stepped up.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Swimming is a brilliant form of exercise if you haven't done anything for years, it is really low impact so there is little chance of doing yourself any serious damage, especially if you are carrying a few extra pounds. Don't feel conscious about being a little overweight, you will not be alone, if the people who I regularly see where I go to swim are anything to go by. Far better that you are actually trying to do something positive, nobody is going to criticise you or think badly of you for that...in fact totally the opposite.

I understand that one mile swum is equivalent to running for four, so it is a really good way to kick start a new exercise regime, and as mentioned above it is low impact so unless you smack your head on the bottom/end of the pool you should be alright. Most modern gyms also have steam baths/saunas/jacuzzis so you can relax afterwards, can't be beaten in my opinion.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Rangdo said:
Get regular exercise in your daily routine and you don't have to be jogging along the promenade in stupid shorts looking like a ponce to keep fit.

I can happily spend that time in the pub knocking back the pints to celebrate my effortlessly svelte figure.

Have fun running loser :wave:

May I enquire how old you are, cos you're ability to maintain a svelte figure probably won't last forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here