Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Poyet U16 Victory Shield International England v Wales

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
wow deja vu?

outside box goes to his linesman and penalty?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where have I seen that type of thing before? :rant:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wales 2-0 England John (pen)

England poor. Wales playing well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wales 3-0 England John (pen)

:lol:

I think Wales having 7 Cardiff players is the difference, they play together every week.

Before tonight these two teams have played 77 times, England winning 61 and Wales 3.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
3-0 world cup flashes all coming back now :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Come on the BOYOS!!!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Is U16 the same as a schoolboy international?
If it is then Poyet will be playing for England cos he goes to an English school not cos he's English necessarily - like Ryan Giggs.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Is U16 the same as a schoolboy international?
If it is then Poyet will be playing for England cos he goes to an English school not cos he's English necessarily - like Ryan Giggs.

Nope, this is England under 16's.

I am pretty sure the earlier Internationals which were called England Schoolboys also was the International team.

I am sure that even the offshoots such as the English College teams etc, are based on nationalities rather than an individual attending an English school.

Ryan Giggs inclusion in the English School Boys was as a qualifying English national but eventually chose Wales.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Ryan Giggs inclusion in the English School Boys was as a qualifying English national but eventually chose Wales.

You are wrong, Giggs was in the England schoolboys team because he went to an English school. He didn't choose Wales he was never eligible under FIFA rules to play for anyone else. It's a common misconception that Giggs could play for England, he simply couldn't.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Nope, this is England under 16's.

I am pretty sure the earlier Internationals which were called England Schoolboys also was the International team.

I am sure that even the offshoots such as the English College teams etc, are based on nationalities rather than an individual attending an English school.

That is a rule now in place (was implemented last season) but was not whilst Giggs was a youngster...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That is a rule now in place (was implemented last season) but was not whilst Giggs was a youngster...

Ok, thats interesting, however does this therefore disqualify an English kid educated outside of England representing England Schoolboys ???

Not too sure why they wear the three lions on their shirt, which is a representation of English nationality within football and not usually associated with anything but that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here