Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Forlan

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I've heard that he will be partnered upfront with Tevez. Which I feel is a piss take, as Gus has had to let Heskey down, and Barnes will now probably be a bench warmer.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I can't believe it when I see posts like "forget it about these transfers - this is Brighton and Hove Albion remember".

ffs - if we all had that attitude we'd be playing non-league football now in some sh*te recreation
ground.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
F*ck me a couple of quotes from this article.... ....it really could be on!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-Luis-Suarez-could-quit-English-football-in-summer-warns-pal-Guy-Poyet-the-Brighton-manager-article877370.html

Brighton manager - and ex-Chelsea star - Poyet has developed a close relationship with his compatriot since the striker joined Liverpool from Dutch side Ajax in January 2011.

The pair share a mutual close friend in Uruguay's ex-Manchester United striker Diego Forlan and 44-year-old Poyet has become a trusted mentor of the controversial Suarez.

Poyet revealed he has become a sounding board for Suarez during his recent troubles.

He added: “I speak to him quite often - I am not saying weekly, but every now and then.

“I didn’t know him personally, but my best friend in Uruguay is Diego Forlan [and] his best mate in the national team is Luis.

"So I talked to him a lot and then I got in contact with Luis.”

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I can't believe it when I see posts like "forget it about these transfers - this is Brighton and Hove Albion remember".

ffs - if we all had that attitude we'd be playing non-league football now in some sh*te recreation
ground.

Yes, but we are not talking about some League One no-mark, we're talking about DIEGO FORLAN, who was voted the best player at the last World Cup. And unfortunately we are still a fair way down the pecking order when it comes to signing players of that calibre.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Please make this happen Mr Bloom and Mr Poyet. Deep joy.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Diego Forlan and CMS upfront.....

Would be magical, if just for the amount of flowing blonde hair it would involve....

All we would need then is Dirk Kuyt and we'd have the curliest blondest attack in the league.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
One for the girls .... or boys ....cough

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 578

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No chance sadly...

Can you imagine CMS and Forlan upfront though, defenders would not get half a seconds rest !

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No chance sadly...

Can you imagine CMS and Forlan upfront though, defenders would not get half a seconds rest !

I thought the same mate until I read that Poyets best friend in uruguay is Forlan, that makes it a lot more possible dont you think.

Poyet also said in yesterdays Argus he wants to sign someone within coming days but there are practicalites with doing their medical. Forlan has just arrived back in Italy.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I thought the same mate until I read that Poyets best friend in uruguay is Forlan, that makes it a lot more possible dont you think.

Poyet also said in yesterdays Argus he wants to sign someone within coming days but there are practicalites with doing their medical. Forlan has just arrived back in Italy.

I am not sure having the managers best friend in the team is such a good idea ! :moo:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I am not sure having the managers best friend in the team is such a good idea ! :moo:

I wouldnt give a flying if he was Poyets arch enemy or best buddy. The fact that he's his best mate would likley mean that Forlan would give his all, and as unlikely as it is obviously, even an 80% fit/up for it Forlan would tear this league apart not to mention the 10's of 1000's of Forlan shirts the club would shift.

I don't think a club of the size of Brighton would have a prayer with someone of this standing, but then again who wouldve thought vicente wouldve signed. The fact they are both Uruguayuan, and they are not just friends but best friends coupled with Poyets powers of pursuasion, i actually think we could have a chance even if a very slim one, that slim chance has nothing to do with Brighton football club, our stadium or fans, but everything to do with Forlan playing for his best friend Poyet.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I wouldnt give a flying if he was Poyets arch enemy or best buddy. The fact that he's his best mate would likley mean that Forlan would give his all, and as unlikely as it is obviously, even an 80% fit/up for it Forlan would tear this league apart not to mention the 10's of 1000's of Forlan shirts the club would shift.

I don't think a club of the size of Brighton would have a prayer with someone of this standing, but then again who wouldve thought vicente wouldve signed. The fact they are both Uruguayuan, and they are not just friends but best friends coupled with Poyets powers of pursuasion, i actually think we could have a chance even if a very slim one, that slim chance has nothing to do with Brighton football club, our stadium or fans, but everything to do with Forlan playing for his best friend Poyet.

Excited!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No chance sadly...

Yes I can. One would have an unbelievable touch, make intelligent runs, incisive passes and will score a hatful of goals. The other used to play for Peterborough...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes I can. One would have an unbelievable touch, make intelligent runs, incisive passes and will score a hatful of goals. The other used to play for Peterborough...

we would have to change the CMS (just can't get enough) song to

de de..... de de de de.... de de
Two Blonde Bimbos

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps Vicente could put in a good word about us.
Suddenly the master plan of the year extension becomes clear. Vicente has been told he can go once Diego signs for us, so Vicente has to convince him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here