Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Camacho

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Seagulls are looking in training at a potential replacement for Navarro. Diego Camacho, a 33-year-old defensive midfielder, has been released by La Liga strugglers Sporting Gijon.

Camacho, a Madrid-born veteran of spells with nine different Spanish clubs, was at Withdean to watch the Rochdale match.

Poyet steps up player hunt From The Argus)

Anyone care to read back through the 'Potential new player arriving at Gatwick' thread and apologise to Hills? :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Seagulls are looking in training at a potential replacement for Navarro. Diego Camacho, a 33-year-old defensive midfielder, has been released by La Liga strugglers Sporting Gijon.

Camacho, a Madrid-born veteran of spells with nine different Spanish clubs, was at Withdean to watch the Rochdale match.

Poyet steps up player hunt From The Argus)

Anyone care to read back through the 'Potential new player arriving at Gatwick' thread and apologise to Hills? :thumbsup:
Only reported on here a week ago....keep up argus!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
“There are many things going on, but unfortunately we are not close to anything2 says Poyet.

That is a worry with two weeks left.

This suggests to me that TB might need to dig a little deeper to try and prise a striker from somewhere

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
“There are many things going on, but unfortunately we are not close to anything2 says Poyet.

If it's a worry for us then it's the same for almost every club. As normally happens, the logjam only clears on the last day - when players suddenly realise they may not have a team to play for. Only clubs prepared to meet the agent's asking price are able to do deals beforehand.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If it's a worry for us then it's the same for almost every club. As normally happens, the logjam only clears on the last day - when players suddenly realise they may not have a team to play for. Only clubs prepared to meet the agent's asking price are able to do deals beforehand.

When players relise they might not have a team to play for?

That would only apply to players out of contract? I very much doubt we will pick up a decent striker for free now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

So it is - thank God you pointed that out. Maybe you could start a couple of threads about it too? And if you have time, go on every other thread and make much the same point again.

Oh - you already have!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm sure that GP and T have a little list of players they will take along with the phone numbers of the clubs and player concerned

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well done Hills!!

Let us know if there are any more taxi journeys

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I'm sure that GP and T have a little list of players they will take along with the phone numbers of the clubs and player concerned
This list has been going on since the players reported back for trainning in july.I'm almost ready to throw in the towel now and say that we won't get 20 goal striker.The club has left it to late which brings back shocking memories of the Knight era where his phone was switched off.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think we all know they are trying hard to get players in - I certainly want to see 2 or 3 as soon as possible. It is very frustrating for us, but also for Gus. Just hope for good news soon.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When players relise they might not have a team to play for?

That would only apply to players out of contract? I very much doubt we will pick up a decent striker for free now.

Prem players have to be in a 25 man squad, or under the age of 21.

Some players may be told they have no future in the first team, so might be waiting out for the best contract, so 'deadline day' they may rush to sign a contract to play football...

Just some other examples.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
This list has been going on since the players reported back for trainning in july.I'm almost ready to throw in the towel now and say that we won't get 20 goal striker.The club has left it to late which brings back shocking memories of the Knight era where his phone was switched off.

Oh shut up you berk, it's a broken record now. We are little Brighton, playing in an athletics stadium, we are not going to splash 1m on a striker.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is a good [potentially GREAT] news thread - if this Camacho chap, is fit, and a deal can be done. This guy was playing against REAL MADRID and BARCELONA last season FFS.

Why do some BORING NEGATIVE CHUMPS [yes, I'm looking at YOU Nappy Filler] have to hi-jack it with their WHINING?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is a good [potentially GREAT] news thread - if this Camacho chap, is fit, and a deal can be done. This guy was playing against REAL MADRID and BARCELONA last season FFS.

Why do some BORING NEGATIVE CHUMPS [yes, I'm looking at YOU Nappy Filler] have to hi-jack it with their WHINING?

Word to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here