Scummy little shit .

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
[tweet]291105497816391680[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barton spends his life dicking around on twitter. You'd have thought he'd know how a hashtag is used by now.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Always liked Hamann and have a grudging fondness for Bartons honesty and flipping the finger at the football hierarchy and some of its players.

I have to say though, it is quite damning for Hamann in respect of what Barton has implied his personal habits might be.

D

Deleted member 18477

joey barton is an absolute waste of space. him getting sent off against man city last year proved what we all knew anyway - to the world as well - hes just an angry little man. and to think he was telling the world on twitter last season he was a reformed character and a changed man. :lolol:

he says he'd drop all the football and money for his family - i can respect that - but how can he respect himself or expect his kids to respect him as a dad if he continues to behave like a f***ing child himself. if family is that important to him he'd be focussing on giving the barton family a good name which is quite simple for a footballer... play football and shut up.

#dontgetangryjoseph #whenwillyougrowupjoey

Last edited by a moderator:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I just love how he claims the moral high ground for 90% of the time. Then goes absolutely apeshit at someone. Then apologises, then carries on...

It's hilarious

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Barton offered to those that cared, the truth.

It wasnt broken by some 'journo in the know', by SkySports ticker tape or a clubs PR Department.

I am guessing each party 'player and club' had agreed a contractual binding deal that would make it irrelevant too those other clubs anyway, maybe even sanctioning Bartons tweet, who knows.

Slightly unorthodox for another player to break the news granted.... but so what.

I am guessing Hamann hasn't bothered to enquire on Bartons recent career move to France or his own personal well being in recent times so Barton took exception how Hamann found time to tell him stay out of 'club politics', even though Hamann seems to have no professional interest in either club.

It was a swipe at Barton no doubt and Barton offered a glimpse into Hamanns own personal problems, something that Hamann might of preferred to stay private.

It seems if you would like to take Barton on, best not have any of your own skeletons rattling around in your own football locker.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I might be missing something, but why did Hamann get involved? Is he part of the Newcastle/QPR setup, or just fancied winding up Barton?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Always liked Hamann and have a grudging fondness for Bartons honesty and flipping the finger at the football hierarchy and some of its players.

I have to say though, it is quite damning for Hamann in respect of what Barton has implied his personal habits might be.

Agreed - dont particularly know much about either of them - i do however like Joey Barton's honesty and always like to hear him interviewed. He is far from stupid as many would condem him for following him on twitter he actually says alot of sensible/entertaining things.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On balance I think Barton won that exchange. Joey did what Joey does, but now a lot more people know about how Hamann lost £288,000 on a cricket spread bet, making him just another overpaid football prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here