Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did You Know?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Mackerel is the only fish that doesn't contain any of the letters from the words Swindon Town.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's just tradition that general elections are held on a Thursday, they could be held on any day of the week. One theory suggests that in the past Friday was pay day, so Thursday votes ensured a good turnout as people weren't too drunk. The last general election not to be held on a Thursday was on Tuesday Oct. 27, 1931. In recent years, the Electoral Commission has suggested making polling day at the weekend to improve turnout.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
29AFC778-A360-4B39-AD0B-1EA7C28AB3C0.jpeg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The origins of the word "disaster"

index.png

Example, "This season has been a complete ill-starred event."

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Tyrannosaurus Rex's DNA showed that it is closely related to the chicken that its flesh would have tasted the same/

T Rex drumstick anyone ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Which is why I was poohing my pants when he got put clean through towards the end of "that" match, only to see him tamely chip the ball into Omerod's arms.

That was one of the single most, awful moments of my life. My god, the difference between life and death in that split second. Omerod is a forgotten hero really. He stood firm and foreboding, did his job...and we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Due to the fact that there are only 1.92 days in a Venus year, it is frowned upon to pull a sicky.

D

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Due to the fact that there are only 1.92 days in a Venus year, it is frowned upon to pull a sicky.D

No so ....

Venus is unusual because it spins the opposite direction of Earth and most other planets. And its rotation is very slow. It takes about 243 Earth days to spin around just once. Because it's so close to the sun, a year goes by fast. It takes 225 Earth days for Venus to go all the way around the sun. That means that a day on Venus is a little longer than a year on Venus.

So having a day off on Venus is actually a gap-year ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here