Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you cry yesterday?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Did you cry a tear or two as the teams came out after that brilliant emotional build up? :cry: And if not why not? I guess you are excused if not actually alive on 26th April 1997.
I confess to blubbing the salty rivers of ultimate redemption :cry:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did................ there was no Hophead.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The spurs game helped me build up some defence against a salty discharge (tears that is, not sperm). But afterwards I strolled around the North stand concourse reading the quotes and looking at the pictures and that was pretty emotional. But the celebrations to the two goals I had to say took me back to the Goldstone. Thought i would cry but just felt sheer elation.

Yep,

When I saw my daughter in her wedding dress for the first time, It was that moment I realised missing the first game was insignificant compared to this day.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Did you cry a tear or two as the teams came out after that brilliant emotional build up? :cry: And if not why not? I guess you are excused if not actually alive on 26th April 1997.
I confess to blubbing the salty rivers of ultimate redemption :cry:

NO. Chest puffed and proud as f***. Crying at football is a no no.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
whats a JCL mate?

just think crying a football is proper weird, save it for a birth of your offspring. thats acceptable.

dont get me wrong it was an immense day

whats a JCL mate?

just think crying a football is proper weird, save it for a birth of your offspring. thats acceptable.

dont get me wrong it was an immense day

At a birth?? That's time to be proud and supportive you big wooftah - thunderous singing of staunch never-say-die heart-rousing defiance and redemption after 15 years of being beaten down by the shameless - tears can now seep from eyes that have burned and yearned to see that moment, and still feel blinded by the incredible beauty of our unbelievable resound and rebound.

Who felt the pound of their heart like a surging dam that's been holding back a deep lake of stilled heavy waters, and let some of those soulful droplets overflow off the parapets to join with the relieving torrents that gushed delightedly with the freedom from valves once tightly and too-long shut?

We are walking from the gates of Mordor, with the ring now melted into the lava deep in the mountain of Doom. As if Gollum and Sauron could be seen to shrivel before us, we can let go of tears and face a fair future where winning and losing is acceptable parts of participating on an even playing field with fellow sportsmen.
REVEL in this, embrace with hearts and minds that we made it!

Laughing or crying, it's certainly not "weird"

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The flags - along with the "highlights" from history on the big screen/over the PA were just incredible. Thought I'd be fine in the tears department, then my Dad told me how proud it made him that I chose to be an Albion fan (I don't remember him telling me that when I graduated...) - that tipped me over the edge and I certainly welled up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here