Did we get enough of a fee for Zamora?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lord Bracknell said:
Replacing who?

His U-21 performances were never persuasive. But he was never going to shine on the left half of midfield. Kerry Mayo fills that role better.

:)

Better than he fills the role of right back, that's for sure:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
hitony said:
It is indeed, now why didnt i pick these numbers yesterday 14 20 21 30 41 46 :jester:

Chicken Chow Mein with black beans, Crispy Duck, Fried rice and a Sweet and Sour Penis?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But what about Dean Saunders?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
Chicken Chow Mein with black beans, Crispy Duck, Fried rice and a Sweet and Sour Penis?

Think it's time you got your take aways elsewhere El P.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
jevs said:

When we signed him, i was absolutely ecstatic and he came to us as part of the deal that took Michael Carrick to spurs.

i thought Defoe went the other way not Carrick

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Have just seen this on the BBC website:

"Even after winning the title back from Rangers in his first season in charge, there were elements of the Celtic support that did not take to the former Aberdeen and Manchester United midfielder.

They pointed to the £1.5m purchase of Adam Virgo, subsequently farmed out to Coventry, as an example of a lack of savvy in the transfer market."

As Bakesy said, it's swings and roundabouts.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We hit the bloody Jackpot getting that for Zamora when you consider we solf CKR, a regular Prem player who got man of the match last week for £150k. Pathetic business by Dick Knight.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
There is no point in discussing whether we received enough for Bobby because little if any would have been spent in buying decent replacements

Albion Dan said:
We hit the bloody Jackpot getting that for Zamora when you consider we solf CKR, a regular Prem player who got man of the match last week for £150k. Pathetic business by Dick Knight.

Not really a bit of business at all, by Dick Knight, was it?

The player wanted away and that was all we could get from him, since he did NOT want to play for the lardy jocko clown.
'Business' wasn't looking good with any of our players by then, was it ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
NMH said:
Not really a bit of business at all, by Dick Knight, was it?

The player wanted away and that was all we could get from him, since he did NOT want to play for the lardy jocko clown.
'Business' wasn't looking good with any of our players by then, was it ???

Quite right, that was during the behave or I'll throw you off the coach period. Plot lost.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
Quite right, that was during the behave or I'll throw you off the coach period. Plot lost.

Throwing off the coach was months and months before.
CKR didnt want to play for Brighton no matter who the manager was.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yorkie said:
Throwing off the coach was months and months before.
CKR didnt want to play for Brighton no matter who the manager was.

I think if Wilkins had been in charge then, we might have kept him a little longer and got a realistic price for him. McGhee could start a row in an empty room.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
I think if Wilkins had been in charge then, we might have kept him a little longer and got a realistic price for him. McGhee could start a row in an empty room.

So could Dean White from the sounds of it. He was involved in the Leon Knight throwing off the coach incident. ;)
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seriously, it was Wilkins instructing CKR at Rotherham when CKR turned his back and ignored him.
CKR was wanting out of the club.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
CKR seemed happy enough when I spoke to him pre-season at Worthing, I wonder who upset him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
CKR seemed happy enough when I spoke to him pre-season at Worthing, I wonder who upset him.

He already knew he was on his way to Sheff Utd as he told Bens Grandad and it was posted here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here