Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did this bloke deserve this ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think most people have heard about this but I wonder what others think. Personally whilst I have some sympathy for the bloke I feel that if he hadn't started annoying the police in the first place he wouldn't have got sprayed. What do you think ?

Scarred for life

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he just had an allergic reaction to it didn't he?

If he hadn't been hassling the copper he wopuldn't have been sprayed. there are very strict guidelines layed down for the use of teh spray.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
In my expereince some Police seem to think the rules only apply to the public and often use excessive tactics. Several Police attacked me on a train back from Cardiff as one member of my group was being rowdy. I never left my seat or used any threatening behaiour. Luckliy for me the whole incident was on Camera (and a friends video mobile) and I was released with a full apology, not even a caution. The next day I had huge bruises on my arms but didn't bother getting medical proof or taking it further.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He probably deserved to get sprayed, but not to have a reaction to the spray like he has. It\'s pretty shit for him but he shouldn\'t have been been causing trouble in the first place. The family calling for the spray to be banned are being a bit ridculous IMO though.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
mcshane in the 79th said:
He probably deserved to get sprayed, but not to have a reaction to the spray like he has. It\'s pretty shit for him but he shouldn\'t have been been causing trouble in the first place. The family calling for the spray to be banned are being a bit ridculous IMO though.

I think that they don't have a snowflakes chance in hell. The police have a difficult enough job as it is (some people know that I have no reason to love the police) and are subjected to abuse and physical harm as part and parcel of the job. Most of us don't set out to work each day with the expectation of such.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Unfortunate. Bet he thinks twice about it next time though. Also bet there is a line of lawyers outside his door waiting to sue the police.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If the Police were justified in using it I can't see him getting anywhere by suing.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I don't think he'll be out on the pull this weekend.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Mr Ford has been told he cannot go out in daylight for over a year, which means he cannot work.

well work nights then, duh :dunce:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
robbied69 said:
I don't think he'll be out on the pull this weekend.

of course he will, he will be able to pull the dead skin off his face :p

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
FFS!

These sprays need to be tested thoroughly on animals to ensure this sort of adverse reaction isn't possible.

By animals of course I mean Crystal Palace season ticket holders.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
e77 said:
If the Police were justified in using it I can't see him getting anywhere by suing.
But that's the question isn't it, when is it justified to CS gas somone. Surely it should only be used if he was going to attack them, you can't have a situation where any copper can spray you because he doesn't like you and then be allowed to get away with it. If he was a problem why didn't they just arrest him?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
FFS!

These sprays need to be tested thoroughly on animals to ensure this sort of adverse reaction isn't possible.
By animals of course I mean Crystal Palace season ticket holders.
obviously dan ford = guinea pig :rolleyes:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
tough tittys on him im afraid,shoulnt of got involved.if he thinks he has problems remember simon weston from the falklands,he was a right mess,but got on with his life without whinging

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here