Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the BBC bail those muppets out?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Are the BBC showing the footie highlights because those w***ers didn't make enough out of the 5 saddos who watched the match on pc's?

If so - I'd rather the BBC not have bothered - just to rub their noses in it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People always expected a highlights deal, and it was expected to be announced late, because it would put some people off ordering the match online.

And both 'bale' and bail' are acceptable.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know what you are saying but at the end of the day (to quote a football cliche) I still want to watch it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bailed out who? the public? isnt that their purpose as public broadcaster, saved money on the overpriced live rights but got the highlights as normal?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I started to watch it free through Bet365 but got bored of looking at the tiny screen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If we'd have known the highlights were going to be on we wouldn't have watched it, actually, ended up listening to R5

That is precisely the reason why the Highlights package was not announced anywhere and was levered in to the schedule at short notice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I presume an embargo on any announcement about the highlights programme until after the game finished was part of the deal allowing the BBC to show it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here