Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Sanchez do the right thing?

Should Sanchez have taken the red?

• Yes

Votes: 205 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 9.3%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
In the enheadless when he ran out d did right thing but his timing and positioning was terrible. Just looked headless and then had no option but to foul him. VAR gets stick but today put 2 wrong decisions right.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In the enheadless when he ran out d did right thing but his timing and positioning was terrible. Just looked headless and then had no option but to foul him. VAR gets stick but today put 2 wrong decisions right.

Should never have been put in that position though - didn't it come from one of our own players giving the ball away for it to be put through to Wilson. Anyway, good job he wasn't nearer his goal, it would have been a penalty as well.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting to see quite a lot of criticism and acknowledgement that Sanchez has been a bit erratic recently considering I mentioned this last week and got slaughtered...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
100% correct decision according to all the MOTD pundits. Looking at it, I can only agree wth them 100%.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
4th colossal balls up in 4 games, look forward to Naylor spinning that one as another great moment in his 1 year and 1 week career as a regular

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Sanchez won us a point today have no doubts about that. The best thing he did all game.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why does Sanchez have this weird thing where he can't jump for a ball with an opposition player standing near him. It's pure panic everytime.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've said yes but it was a half hearted challenge. I wonder if he could have stood him up and guided him away rather than stick a soft foot in it might have worked better?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's not the first time I've seen Dunky have to pull on the goalkeeper's shirt and gloves. Can anybody remember which game was the last time he had to do it?

I don't but it was a Championship match at the Amex. He kept a clean sheet then too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, because he saved a certain goal for the barcodes.

And yes again because we got to see Lewis Dunk don the gloves and keeper's shirt, which is ALWAYS a good thing!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't but it was a Championship match at the Amex. He kept a clean sheet then too.

[MENTION=643]nwgull[/MENTION] has a better memory than both of us.

Forest at home at beginning of 16/17 season. We were 3-0 up at the time though so less pressure on him.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

It was against Nottingham Forest in 2016 after Stockdale was injured.

Again I was slightly disappointed that Duck didn't have to make a save.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As it worked out for us - yes. But it highlights the stupidity of that rule. I have always said it should be a booking and a penalty. If you are denying a goal scoring opportunity then award a goal scoring opportunity. Another suggestion that I know will be shouted down is to have a penalty goal for blatant denying of a goal rather than just a goal scoring opportunity. Sending a player off in the first minute for a clash 50 yards from goal is not the same as Sanchez stopping an almost certain winner in injury time and I don't think either should be punishable by a sending off

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It was against Nottingham Forest in 2016 after Stockdale was injured.

Again I was slightly disappointed that Duck didn't have to make a save.

Be disappointed no longer.

download (1).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here