Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did our 2nd team just beat Everton 0-3?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not quite as absurd as the thread title suggests.

Would a team selected from today’s squad beat this team of players who didn’t make the squad for various reasons?

——————-Verbruggen—————————
Kadıoğlu*——Igor———Boscagli*—-Estupinan
———-Gomez*—————Rutter*——————-
March—————Gruda——————- Enciso
————-———Ferguson—————————

* Not signed but getting close!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If you include Georginio, which looks done, our squad looks very strong now. Being forced to bring off Minteh and to still have a quality, game-changing option on the bench today we've rarely had, for instance.

There's obviously still a huge gap at RB, which will hopefully be filled by Ferdi in the coming days, but our squad is stacked with talent. Certainly better equipped for also juggling playing in Europe, annoyingly!

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Not quite as absurd as the thread title suggests.

Would a team selected from today’s squad beat this team of players who didn’t make the squad for various reasons?

——————-Verbruggen—————————
Kadıoğlu*——Igor———Boscagli*—-Estupinan
———-Gomez*—————Rutter*——————-
March—————Gruda——————- Enciso
————-———Ferguson—————————

* Not signed but getting close!
If we're being honest, only Verbruggen, Kadioglu, Rutter and Estupiñan would start ahead of today's team.

But yes the depth we have (or will do assuming the signings go through) is fantastic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we're being honest, only Verbruggen, Kadioglu, Rutter and Estupiñan would start ahead of today's team.

But yes the depth we have (or will do assuming the signings go through) is fantastic.
I can’t really disagree with that but March, Enciso and Ferguson were ripping up the Premier League last summer.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

That save Steele did early on 😍 could see Verbruggen letting it in and their rushing Steele to try and get the ball, wonder if Verbruggen wouldn’t have passed it to them a once or twice

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No. There’s not really a starting 11 in the modern game especially now with 5 subs. Could we have put out a stronger team with everyone fit maybe. But having quality across the pitch in every position and back up in 70% of those positions we will beat a lot of teams this season without first choice players in each position.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope not. I don't like it if I can hardly recognise the team as 'my Albion'. That's starting to look like a Chelsea team - just a lot of new players bought in every time.

Hopefully after a few matches I'll get to love our new team - I know it will always evolve season by season, but too many in at once and I'm likely to feel a bit of a disconnect.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hope not. I don't like it if I can hardly recognise the team as 'my Albion'. That's starting to look like a Chelsea team - just but a lot of new players bought in every time.

Hopefully after a few matches I'll get to love our new team - I know it will always evolve season by season, but too many in at once and I'm likely to feel a bit of a disconnect.

I do understand how you feel. But I don’t think this will be season on season. This is a rebuild and a need for us to make the most of our profits or they will be lost. Hopefully we see this team stay together for a couple of seasons now and slowly build on our success again.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Does anyone know how Solly is and when he may be back ??
He is in the rehabilitation process and progressing, on the grass and kicking a ball, but not training with the squad yet. It's a guess as to when we will see him playing, but I don't expect to see him on the pitch till at least November, but more likely beyond that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why not just take the 3-0, turn a blind eye to the multiple defensive fragilities and never speak of that game again 😄
Yeah, but what about Steele letting all those goals in?! Get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here