Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Murray celebrate his goals?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Didn't get to see the match or highlights, just out of interest did he celebrate his double?

_64506841_murraygetty.jpg

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Not really. To be honest, it was more infuriating that he didn't. I want to hate his guts with everything inside me (my guts). But he actually seems like a decent footballer/man. We f***ed up not keeping him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Also why give Garvan the last pen after he had scored from the spot earlier? Its almost like he didn't want a hat trick against us!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy's a f***ing hypocrit. If you respect the Albion and our fans then why did you dive for that first penalty you Judas twat?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Did not celebrate and gave up the chance of a hat trick which was strange ? What if he had scored a minute later from open play would he have pleaded with the ref to disallow it ??

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Didn't make much of an effort from open play soon after either. Holloway dragged him straight afterwards - I think he thought Glenn wasn't planning to score another.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He could have gone for the hat-trick but i think he chose not too. Didn't really celebrate either goal, but accepted team-mates plaudits for the first. Respectful to us, yes but i think it is p'ing the Palace fans off a bit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He was embarrassed that he cheated a penalty and the home ref then gave another no different from the Buckley foul in the first half.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
He was embarrassed that he cheated a penalty and the home ref then gave another no different from the Buckley foul in the first half.

The Buckley one was a BLATANT dive, whereas Murray played for his one, and drew contact.

It's 95% likely that he didn't take the second as he's already missed two this season when going for a hatrick.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The Buckley one was a BLATANT dive, whereas Murray played for his one, and drew contact.

It's 95% likely that he didn't take the second as he's already missed two this season when going for a hatrick.

Another palace poster posting shit

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
He could have gone for the hat-trick but i think he chose not too. Didn't really celebrate either goal, but accepted team-mates plaudits for the first. Respectful to us, yes but i think it is p'ing the Palace fans off a bit.

I have nothing but respect for someone who doesn't celebrate for scoring against his old team. He does what he's there to do, but no need to rub it in. He has missed a couple of pens but also scored them for his 2 hat-tricks this season. A few teams change penalty takers If they get more than 1 and we've taken that on now that we get so many.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's beginning to look that way.

Also why didn't he take the second penalty for his hat-trick?

Hah. It looked that way the day we lost him. Where exactly were we going to find another hold up striker as complete as him? Ricky Lambert plays in the Prem.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did not celebrate and gave up the chance of a hat trick which was strange ? What if he had scored a minute later from open play would he have pleaded with the ref to disallow it ??

He didn't want to leave us. Not unusual he didn't want to compound our misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here