Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did I just hear a London investor correctly on News at 10

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
He stated that Honda, Suzuki,, Sony, Panasonic etc have ceased their production. Whilst it is bad news financially for us in the markets we do have a glimmer of hope with a company who can supply emergency electricity. What a complete :tosser: Hope he doesn't get a wink of sleep tonight.

Still I suppose your bonus's pay well,, tell you what spend it all on sleeping tablets and take the lot.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Was he not just talking from a financial perspective and the state of the Japanese economy? Was he asked what he thought of the atrocities that have happened in the past few days?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hardly 'atrocities'? Tragedies perhaps? Assuming you are talking Japan and not Tunisia.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing wrong with any of that Jimbo

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Unfortunately that's life (& business). The very sad events in Japan will be viewed by some as an opportunity to make some money / increase market share etc etc. Plenty of Gordon Gecko's out there I'm afraid.

I reckon they're having real problems with their supply chain, getting parts in for manufacture and goods shipped out. Any rival companies based elsewhere will be seeing this as a chance to exploit this situation.

It also demonstrates how far-reaching this crisis is for the Japanese. What will happen to the companies who support Sony etc? What about their employees?

Very sad when you think this is on top of the awful loss of life, injury and displacement on such a massive scale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Was he not just talking from a financial perspective and the state of the Japanese economy? Was he asked what he thought of the atrocities that have happened in the past few days?

this. they want a broader economic perspective, so you ask someone from the city.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
The guy was smiling as he said it, absolute disgrace. Still as I drew it to your attention....then binfest, anyone else brings it to your attention when you come off your XBOX, oh I agree with you mate that was a terrible comment. This board is now full of North Stand Twats ! Goodnight

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
The guy was smiling as he said it, absolute disgrace. Still as I drew it to your attention....then binfest, anyone else brings it to your attention when you come off your XBOX, oh I agree with you mate that was a terrible comment. This board is now full of North Stand Twats ! Goodnight

You being one of the biggest ones.

EDIT: probably followed closely by me :glare:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
nite, and you can stay away if you like, come back when Gus leaves for Chelsea to say you told us so.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
He's an investor, that's his job to consider the financial implications of such things, and that's probably what they asked him about.

Don't see a problem.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
on the bbc site, to watch footage of the tsunami kill people, one has to watch a HP printer advert first.......it is a sick planet....it needs a good cleanse.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
on the bbc site, to watch footage of the tsunami kill people, one has to watch a HP printer advert first.......it is a sick planet....it needs a good cleanse.

At least the car manufacturers aren't boasting about which one floats the best...VW used to use it as a selling=point for the Beetle, being watertight.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
it is a sick planet....it needs a good cleanse.

isn't that what the NWO want to do ???

and those rubbernecking at the death and destruction could be culled first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here