Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone read the Star today?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Peter Taylor is a crap manager who could only do well with the u-21s as he had players handed to him on a plate, he did well with us as he inherited a good side and now he's at hull buying second division players with their money and doing okay in the third divion. He is not a 'manager' at all.

Very well said.

I don't mind Taylor on the whole but don't rate him massively. Dowie was favourite for the West Ham job, and Brian Talbot spoke out that he was happier to stay at Rushden, so its no problem if Taylor wants to stay at Hull. After all, they're a pretty big club for Div 3 and are ambitious enough to want to get to the Premiership, so managers with a bit of loyalty are the way forward. As much as I don't rate him, I'm glad he's at least loyal to his club.

Regarding the idea of Madejski going after other clubs managers. What he said and believes is this:

- He will not try and lure a manager away if he asks for permission and it is refused. That is what West Ham and Pardew's agent did.

If per chance, Madejski went after Coppell, then if DK refused then Madejski would take no more action. However, if Coppell really wanted the job then he'd speak to DK and ask to leave, or resign as Pardew did. Madejski states that he will take no involvement (unlike West Ham) in affairs after a bid to speak to him would be put in.

But poaching isn't really on the cards here as poaching involves the use of taking away the asset of another which will facilitate our promotion push, and directly affect another promotion contender, killing two birds with one stone. Being in different divisions is not "poaching". Or at least in my eyes... I understand that people may feel differently.

Its still (as said) all speculation, and I really don't have a clue who we'll actually go in for.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
BrightonBird said:
Stumpy - Peter Taylor took us up with pretty much the same team as Micky Adams!

We were only in the play-offs when Taylor took over, yet we won the League. This was widely attributed (esp. on here!) to the signing of Junior Lewis so give the man the respect he deserves....

Having said that I'm not sure I'd want him back.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oooh Wilts, poaching is poaching, the division is irrelevant.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Taylor has many good abilities for sure,but normaly falls flat when building a squad although not doing to bad even though in the 3rd division.

He is great at motivation and tactics for sure,so won't put him down to much.:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here