Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone hear the Phone In last night ???

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
been a busy weekend, so there is f*** all preparation gone into it

hence, it will unfortunately not be. but there is the potential for the next moan in to have an EXCLUSIVE interview with an albion playing LEGEND. unfortunately, i cannot reveal anymore than that at this time

Oooh! A speculation thread is surely in order.

Also, will there be a podcast of the second episode? Got that Ritchie Barker song stuck in my head :angry:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was me, and that is pretty much what was said. The indication was that the loan players would be going back, and that we would be signing permanent players, and that a lot of money will be avaialble. No idea what "a lot" is though, the person I was talking to wasn't saying. Still, could be something to look forward to.

Having money available is one thing, enticing players to come here is a whole 'nother thing. Will they ant to come play in a league one relegation fight? Will they want to join the club that is inconsistent and has infighting fans? I don't know.

Which is why it's important that we get some wins. I would love us to go on one of these mythical runs we keep haring about, but honestly I'd settle for a handful of wins between now and christmas. Whether we completely turn the corner or not.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Oooh! A speculation thread is surely in order.

Also, will there be a podcast of the second episode? Got that Ritchie Barker song stuck in my head :angry:

chapmoan is snorting it out tonight, so it should be on-line in the next couple of days

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That was me, and that is pretty much what was said. The indication was that the loan players would be going back, and that we would be signing permanent players, and that a lot of money will be avaialble. No idea what "a lot" is though, the person I was talking to wasn't saying. Still, could be something to look forward to.

depends how much we get for Murray and/or Elphick in Jan

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Having money available is one thing, enticing players to come here is a whole 'nother thing. Will they ant to come play in a league one relegation fight? Will they want to join the club that is inconsistent and has infighting fans? I don't know.

A dozen or so keyboard warriors isn't going to influence a player either way. The relgation fight bit, well who knows, for some it might be seen as a challenge.

depends how much we get for Murray and/or Elphick in Jan

The conversation I had was suggesting that not to be the case re Murray and Elphick, I think they are resigned to Lynch going.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think BG's point is that Dean Wilkins declined the job of Head/First Team Coach back in June and no-one has been recruited for this role since.
Dean White remains in the same postition (Assistant Manager) that he had when DW was manager and Bob Booker was recruited to replace Ian Chapman who left in May.
Whether Dean Wilkins should have taken the job is entirely a matter for him.

Thank you we are effectively 1 man short in the coaching/management team since DW turned down the chance to be 1st team coach and I feel that it is showing that we need one. I wouldnt have expected him to take the job and effectively be demoted but we havent filled the vacancy.

Barnham Seagull you missed my point, with the luck on our side we could have run out 3 or 4 - 1 winners that is not to say we should have and had we done so everybody would be rejoicing the start of the climb up the table.

I am often slated for quoting what MA told me in my pub in Burgess Hill when he was here last time and I said about some remarkable save s by FDM he said and I quote" that is what he is paid for and why he is in the team if he didnt make them he wouldn't be" . So perhaps we must take a more realistic view of FDM and appreciate that he is doing the job that he is paid for.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
been a busy weekend, so there is f*** all preparation gone into it

hence, it will unfortunately not be. but there is the potential for the next moan in to have an EXCLUSIVE interview with an albion playing LEGEND. unfortunately, i cannot reveal anymore than that at this time

WHO?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
SUPER RICHIE BARKER, HE INSPIRED THE 5-0 WIN OVER BOSTON

what a tune :bowdown:

i want to see you down at the mill on saturday

but don't call me richie or ill stop scoring the goals

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Is there nobody reading this who can see wood from the trees. We played well against Huddersfield and with a little luck could have won 3 or 4 - 1 and everybody would say we may have turned the corner. A good result against Stockport and /or Oldham and the season will begin to start looking better plus a home game against AFC Dons who are 2nd. What has happened when we have played teams at the top of the division?

The critisicm levelled against Johnson is valid because that has happened whenever we have signed a player from a higher division in the history of this club. We have always brought them down to our standard very quickly.

Its more obvious now because we do not have a 1st team coach that is where our priority should lie in recruiting somebody to fill that vacancy that Dean Wilkins didnt want, if we are to climb the table.

Johnson came from Leeds, who are in the same division as us. :shrug:

Or am I missing the point somewhere?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My Mistake I was getting carried away with the fact that the papers have been saying about him being the £1.5m rated midfielder going to either QPR, Cardiff or Southampton. I should have said coming from a team higher than ours, rather than higher division than ours.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here