Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else think it "might" be a penalty..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I initially thought that it was Fletchers who handled the ball b ut havin g watched it on BBC news I am not so sure. What annoyed me was the fact that the lino just in front of us stood with his flag at hios side while the arguments went on and all of the time Bournememoutrh player was bending his ear. As if influenced by trhis player he then raised his arm across his chest to indicate a penalty having not signalled such for a considerably long time. I am sure he gave in and was influenced by the Bournemouth player and his moans.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Does someone at the FA review match tapes after games, particularly if there has been a controversial incident like this one...if so, that ref and linesman shouldn't be trusted with anything above county standard...the decision was so bad!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It was very obvious on the tele that elphick hand balled, whether Fletcher did or not is nigh on irrelevant. What is obvious however is that when they landed they were outside the box, when the ball was in the air it was outside the box, when they took off they were inside the box. Where was the lino? - on the side when they took off.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here