Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

did any one spot our new striker in the crowd today

Sep 1, 2010
agreed..but if the original foul mouthed post was the norm this forum would not be a great place if you catch my drift

For sure, but it is not the norm, and probably never will be. If a parent was that concerned then it is up to them to stop the 'Younger Kids' viewing it. Alot of fans shout and chant things and act in ways they would never do in real life. NSC is probably no different in most cases

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
to the sad c u n t that called me a muppet on the rep its Gus you f***ing c u nt that says we need another striker you thick f***ing c u n t

It's OK I got 'muppet'ed as well. f***ing sad idiot with no back bone or balls must've done it.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of abusive and foul language near me. People seem far more interested in singing to create an atmosphere and seem interested in the game, unlike others I know of who only seem to go to get angry.

But you are in the 1901 section?! lol Swearing is banned upon pain of death no? Along with replica shirt wearing and any form of fun

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's OK I got 'muppet'ed as well. f***ing sad idiot with no back bone or balls must've done it.
It's alright, Bozza is going to change it so we can see who left the rep in a few weeks, so you'll find the culprit.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It may still be owen! ha!

Bizarrely, I had this conversation with a complete stranger on Lyme Regis seafront this aternoon - he was wearing a Brighton polo shirt and we got into conversation as you do.............

He reckoned that Gus refused to give up on Harley or Hoskins and after early approaches failed he eventually got his man. Owen, by his reckoning, got a contract extension as insurance in case Birbatov left Man U and as that seems unlikey now, may well be surplus to requirements and available if Gus goes back in for him. He justified the rumour that we had ever been interested in Owen as being more than just internet talk by citing Kean and Phllips who, it appears, have been confirmed as definitely having had offers from us.

My riposte was that we were also interested in Billy Painter before he went to Leeds so by the same argument it could just as easily be him.

Have to admit though, of the two I would much rather have Owen :)

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Bizarrely, I had this conversation with a complete stranger on Lyme Regis seafront this aternoon - he was wearing a Brighton polo shirt and we got into conversation as you do.............

He reckoned that Gus refused to give up on Harley or Hoskins and after early approaches failed he eventually got his man. Owen, by his reckoning, got a contract extension as insurance in case Birbatov left Man U and as that seems unlikey now, may well be surplus to requirements and available if Gus goes back in for him. He justified the rumour that we had ever been interested in Owen as being more than just internet talk by citing Kean and Phllips who, it appears, have been confirmed as definitely having had offers from us.

My riposte was that we were also interested in Billy Painter before he went to Leeds so by the same argument it could just as easily be him.

Have to admit though, of the two I would much rather have Owen :)

Chatted to someone at the game yesterday who had been talking to Kerry Mayo in one of the lounges. He reckoned that we were VERY close to getting Owen in the summer and all may not be lost... watch this space!

Although how Mayo would know I am not sure!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I thought we were after a striker with height?

He will come along with these.

greg_walking_stilts_hc.gif

The last person who wore these on a football pitch was Peter Stilton.

Seriously though he must be worth 20 goals for us this season if he came plus all the money for the merchandise. Good get if you ask me.

Assuming he stays fit that is of course.

TNBA

TTF

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ignoring the language idiocy on this thread, I don't see what Owen would offer as pretty injury prone these days however I was in the back of a cab the other day and the cabbie said Owen was definitely coming in the summer until he got offered the extra year by Ferguson... so maybe Gus has gone back in for him (good mates with the Chairman apparently, both racehorse owners etc). Jordan Rhodes seems to be the most consistent rumour but he's had a few injury problems too. Painter meets the person specification though!!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Paynter would do well for us I think. Never mind his record last season, some of the goals he scored in a very prolific spell at Swindon proved at least to me that he has it in him. What he's done in the recent past isn't necessarily the primary issue here, it's what Gus can do with him as a player. Remember the Watford fans slagging off Buckley, saying (possibly rightly) that his performances were inconsistent and that he sometimes went missing in games? Well look at him now. If a player with ability comes in, more often than not Gus will bring the best out of them. Paynter IN.

southside

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
why has no-one said ZAMORA? we can defo get him,about 3 mill will do it! plus a very long contract. he would love to come back here and get us promoted! the geezer is a legend ffs!!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
why has no-one said ZAMORA? we can defo get him,about 3 mill will do it! plus a very long contract. he would love to come back here and get us promoted! the geezer is a legend ffs!!!!

Stop dreaming!
I saw bobby charlton signing an autograph book yesterday - maybe its him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here