Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicks Bar and Leeds

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Have a friend coming down for the Leeds game in the aways. Hopefully getting tickets on general release on Monday for the lower west. If not, does Dicks Bar stay open during the game?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Tempted to try and venture into Dick's tonight to see what it's like. Of course i understand that you have to provide the secret code word and exchange funny handshake on the door but what time do you need to be there for to avoid the large queue? I know it opens from 6pm but is it busy straight away?
Ta

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It'll be open all day I assume.

Hope so anyway, I'm planning on rocking up at about 5.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It'll be open all day I assume.

Hope so anyway, I'm planning on rocking up at about 5.

You might need a re-think due to the (quite ridiculous) opening hours:

"Please note that for evening fixtures the bar will close at 4pm and reopen at 6pm to ticket holders, but will not be open after evening matches."

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

"Please note that for evening fixtures the bar will close at 4pm and reopen at 6pm to ticket holders, but will not be open after evening matches."

It has been open after evening games previously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thats rather bothersome.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it busy at this time as was hoping to arrive at the ground around 6.30pm?

I left there about 6.30pm on Wednesday and there was a queue maybe about ten metres long outside. Not because it was full necessarily, but because they like to stagger entry, letting people in a couple of dozen at a time. I think you'll be OK.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I left there about 6.30pm on Wednesday and there was a queue maybe about ten metres long outside. Not because it was full necessarily, but because they like to stagger entry, letting people in a couple of dozen at a time. I think you'll be OK.

that's daft. i've walked past the queue pre and post match now for every home game, thinking to myself 'was hoping to get a pint in Dick's, but as there's a queue i'll just head straight to the concourse bars' pubs don't do this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
that's daft. i've walked past the queue pre and post match now for every home game, thinking to myself 'was hoping to get a pint in Dick's, but as there's a queue i'll just head straight to the concourse bars' pubs don't do this.

I suppose it makes sure everybody gets served in a reasonable time. Unlike The Sportsman where it was strictly one-out-one-in-and-five-deep-at-the-bar. I'm possibly the world's worst queue-er, but even I don't mind the queue at Dicks. Think I've been in there every home game so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here