Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson set to sign this week..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hope we sign him... Rickets will depend on his trial... up to Slade...

As for fee... surely little chance of a swap since Derby are flooded with strikers, which is why Dickinson is leaving...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Because Ricketts is just a massive useless lump.

And Dickinson couldn't even get in the worst Derby team in history.

I just worry we may be very direct next season. I'd rather we built our team round Murray and got a decent creative midfielder in.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I just worry we may be very direct next season. I'd rather we built our team round Murray and got a decent creative midfielder in.

I would rather have a player who wants to play for us and prove himself than someone who would rather play up North.

Anyway, who is to say we can't have both?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A promotion chasing team needs multiple options all over the pitch , Get Dickinson , keep Murray , have Ricketts in case of a massive injury crisis.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would assume that the Rickets being mentioned, is Michael Ricketts the ex England striker who is now, judging on the last time I saw him when he played against us, a big useless lump rather than Rohan Rickets, ex Wolves and Spurs, who is a very good little attacking midfielder that we need.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
What do you mean by that? If you're referring to the Derby team that got relegated from the Premier League in 07/08 - he wasn't with them, he was at Stockport scoring a hatful of goals.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Great news that, but why have we got Michael Ricketts on trial then?!

Can only presume imo that something is going on with Murray, with Dickinson being targeted to take his place alonside either Davies or Forster, and one more striker to be brought in as a squad player.(like Ricketts)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would assume that the Rickets being mentioned, is Michael Ricketts the ex England striker who is now, judging on the last time I saw him when he played against us, a big useless lump rather than Rohan Rickets, ex Wolves and Spurs, who is a very good little attacking midfielder that we need.

You are about six hours behind BG:lolol:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Can only presume imo that something is going on with Murray, with Dickinson being targeted to take his place alonside either Davies or Forster, and one more striker to be brought in as a squad player.(like Ricketts)

I was thinking about this at work, what might happen is Fozzie will sit on the bench and it will be Dickinson and Davies upfront together, Murray might be off to Derby in a exchange deal with Dickinson?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was thinking about this at work, what might happen is Fozzie will sit on the bench and it will be Dickinson and Davies upfront together, Murray might be off to Derby in a exchange deal with Dickinson?

Wouldnt be suprised if Fozzie plays less of a part this season and we start to see him as more an impact sub, as much as i would love him to play every game. Cant see Murray going to Derby, as the reason Dickinson couldnt get in was because they had too many strikers. Only thing is, every review ive read of dickinson says he is only effective playing as a lone striker.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

Its quite likely we might start the season with Murray, Dickinson, Forster and Ricketts. Chuck in Hart and Davies and that to me gives us far better quality and options than weve had for ages!! I agre a creative midfielder added to that would be good.
Direct doesnt have to mean hoofing up in the air from defence, quick attacking direct football on the ground with good targets up front......wasnt that how he Slade had Yeovil playing when they got to the play offs? Look at the vid of Yeovil beating Forest in the play offs!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here