Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson set to sign this week..

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Liam Dickinson, Derby County

STRIKER Liam Dickinson is still expected to join League One club Brighton & Hove Albion this week despite playing 40 minutes for Derby County against Burton Albion.

He suffered a knock on the calf but it is not serious.

"I think things are moving with Brighton, I think something will happen this week," said Clough.

"You think, 'should we have played him at Burton' but 40 minutes will not do him any harm at all.

"I thought for the first 15 or 20 minutes of the second half when he came on, he was a handful."

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Very interesting to find out what the fee is if this happens. Argus has a very small corner saying that Derby will swallow a significant loss on him, but given Norwich have already had 2 bids turned down surely the fee has to be £400k or more.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Is it just me or are their others out there who just cannot get excited yet about the news. Don't get me wrong, if he bangs them in all season and turns out to be an excellent buy I will be more than happy. Maybe it's because he is a bit on an unknown and also there have been some negative comments from other fans.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Is it just me or are their others out there who just cannot get excited yet about the news. Don't get me wrong, if he bangs them in all season and turns out to be an excellent buy I will be more than happy. Maybe it's because he is a bit on an unknown and also there have been some negative comments from other fans.

ask the Stockport fans if he's any good, 25 goals in one season I think. Anyways lets wait to see if it happens first.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We should certainly have more PENETRATION this season, etc, etc...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I wouldn't have put him down as an unknown. He was getting quite a lot of press in Stockport's promotion season. I remember watching him score the winner in the Play-Off final and he looked very good.

Some of the comments here have made me think he may not be the super signing I'd originally thought he'd be but I'm still pretty happy. Tall, quick and he has got a decent goal scoring record.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Getting news from outside the club but nothing from Slade or whoever within the club. Will wait until he is at the training ground before claiming him to be ours, we all remember Currie last season

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
'Dickinson set to sign this week'. . . .

Where does that leave us with regards to Ricketts?!??! :laugh::lolol:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I honestly cant see Murray leaving until the season is underway, from what has been said by Slade were not letting him go cheap and nobody is going to take a gamble on his fitness for a fee which imho will be closer to the million mark than the 500k.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I don' think Ricketts will impress and even if he did, he certainly would not be first, second or third choice, I suppose all the fans are getting a bit complacent and assuming that Murray is going to stay but I haven't heard anything to the say he is staying also Forster is not an ever-present kind of player and tend to score goals in clusters followed by barren patches, I anticipate Davies settling (well hoping) and having a good season and Dickinson could be the star of the season or a complete waste and Gary Hart should not be forgotten. That would be six strikers at the club if Murray stays which is what you need if you want to challenge for promtion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here