Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson leaves - a nation rejoices!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How do you know that? I'm not in anyway doubting you, I'm just interested in how you found this out.

Someone I know is friends with one of the players. I've no reason to doubt him, its not like he tells me loads of gossip like that, but this was one subject that came up when we spoke about Dickinson moving on.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
How do you know that? I'm not in anyway doubting you, I'm just interested in how you found this out.

I heard something similar (4k I think it was), this was meant to be said by an Albion director. He apparently also said that the fee we paid for him was more like 100k, rising to 300k based on appearances, goals etc, than the figure usually bandied about.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Someone I know is friends with one of the players. I've no reason to doubt him, its not like he tells me loads of gossip like that, but this was one subject that came up when we spoke about Dickinson moving on.
Thanks for the reply.

Back in the old days we never really heard things like this, even new signings were usually announced via the Argus or match programme. Its little bits of information like this which makes NSC so valuable, in so much as there are lots of people that know these little bits of information some of which are posted here, giving us a bit more of a clue of whats going on.

From this we can assume that if Dickinson was one of the highest earners at £4.5k it gives us an idea of the clubs wage structure, and what we can expect in the way of transfers in to fit the structure.

Of course it could all be bollocks, but I suppose its up to the individual to decide what he believes and what not to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
no he wasnt on that a week. total bollax made up by someone who obviusly knows sod all:wanker:

Its not actually. But ok, whatever.
I had absolutely no reason to make it up, and neither did the chap who told me, so I'm really, genuinely not fussed one way or the other whether you or anyone else believes it or not.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
However much he was on, it would have been fairly big by our standards as he was an expensive signing. With him, Forster, King Michel, Virgo, Cox and Crofts all gone, we must have LOADS of wages to throw about.

Don't start throwing LOADS of wages about-look what it did to the England squad :eek:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
However much he was on, it would have been fairly big by our standards as he was an expensive signing. With him, Forster, King Michel, Virgo, Cox and Crofts all gone, we must have LOADS of wages to throw about.
They're lumping them all together to pay Humberto Suazo.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Its not actually. But ok, whatever.
I had absolutely no reason to make it up, and neither did the chap who told me, so I'm really, genuinely not fussed one way or the other whether you or anyone else believes it or not.

i work off facts not heresay from other people. i know this to be complete rubbish.

Robins said of his latest capture: "I'm happy to have brought Liam into the football club. "He's only 24 and still has room for improvement and we're looking forward to working with him here. He has a decent scoring record both in the Championship and in the lower leagues :lol::eek:and will be a good addition to our squad for the new season.

league appearances 30 Goals 4 :stupid:

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Appearances 30 Goals 4:stupid:

Brighton stats: 31 appearances - 20 starts, 11 subs (league and cup), 6 goals (league and cup).

Career stats: 105 starts, 53 subs (league) , 50 goals (league), that's almost a goal every other start, including his lean period with us. For one reason or another we never saw his best

(just for career completeness: 5 starts, 1 sub in the FA cup for 2 goals; 2 starts, 1 sub in the league cup for 0 goals.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here