Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson and Navarro's performance and my general thoughts

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thats got me thinking..... For me, Craig Davies ticks more of those boxes than Dickinson does but I prefer Dickinsons style, I guess cos he looks more like finishing than Davies (Or is that a contradiction?)

Davies ticks a lot more of those boxes but doesnt have the end product, just about all dickinson does have

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From what I've seen...

Please please...all you people out there who are bigging up Dickinson, answer the following questions....
1)Does he show good close control? Sometimes
2)Can he hold the ball up, with his back to the defender.? He can
3) Does he manage knock-ons to colleagues? He manages knock ons, but our midfielders never seem to push on.
4) Does he pose an aerial threat...i.e is he good in the air? I saw him win several headers today. I think he gets more headers than he is given credit for
5) Does he look capable of finishing? He doesn't seem to get close to goal for the messy finishes, but long range yes
6) Can he run any distance with the ball under control.? Yes
7) Would you back him to score more than 15 goals a season? Yes
8) Can he read the runs or positioning of his strike partners? Sometimes, I think he sees the runs, but often the balls up to him are too awkward to control the way he wants to, e.g. balls that are too high
9) Is he consistent ? not yet
10) Is he strong temperementally or does he incline to arguing and petty niggling? He does get petty. Which is frustrating, it happens so often that refs give more against him than for him, but he doesn't seem to have developed a tolerance for this injustice, despite its frequency.
11) Is he worth £300k I don't think any of our strikers are worth that muh

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Dickinson cost £100,000 and for me had one of hus better games. Our squad isn't massive hence why we played without a leftwinger and a proper left-back.

I thought he was absolute rubbish yesterday, so if thats one of his better games then we need a new striker!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Whilst agreeing both Navarro and Dickinson were very poor yesterday. What about Virgo? He is the captain and can even kick a ball down the wing without it going out for a throw (and when not even under pressure)? He was shocking at times today and if that is the captain then it can't fill the rest of the team which much confidence. Time for a change.

Oldham IMO were sh*t but we still managed to GIVE them two goals. Very sorry state, almost as bad a performance as a Adams team last season. I fear for Slades job now!

The only plus yesterday was Dicker who was excellent I thought.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Whilst agreeing both Navarro and Dickinson were very poor yesterday. What about Virgo? He is the captain and can even kick a ball down the wing without it going out for a throw (and when not even under pressure)? He was shocking at times today and if that is the captain then it can't fill the rest of the team which much confidence. Time for a change.

Oldham IMO were sh*t but we still managed to GIVE them two goals. Very sorry state, almost as bad a performance as a Adams team last season. I fear for Slades job now!

The only plus yesterday was Dicker who was excellent I thought.

agreed Oldham were shit themselves and we did give them two easy goals, thought Bennett looked the best for us from my angle.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
This is a poor poor team!!!

Unfortunately most of the players that have come in do not look any better than we had before.

I have supported RS from the outset but yesterday I was totally straching my head in bewilderment by the team selection and tactics. We played that lopsided 4-4-2 with no LW and 3 in the middle so surely you need some of the midfield to get forward and support the front two? So why did RS select two defensive mids and a work horse with not a great scoring record!!!

Surely Thornhill must of come into the equation or even cox instead of the pointless Navarro???

I know there is divided opinion about Dickinson but for me he has been nothing short of GASH in every game I have seen. Awful in the air, folds under any sort of physical presence and forever moaning at everyone else if the ball does not land inch perfect or he does not get a decision.....GET ON WITH IT MAN!!!

I would rather have a trier but not ultimately always sucessful bloke like Davies everytime. RS, GIVE HIM A GO!!!

Also why do we not get a LB on loan??? Hoyte is a decent player but is a RB, Davies a natural RW and we have a couple of them and Thornhill a CM and again we have enough of them....A LB and a LW is vital to give this team some balance. I don't know if McLeod's head has fell off or lost his legs somewhere but surely it would be better to give him a run until we found someone better.

I could keep rambling but in conclusion I can see nothing but another season of struggle especially when the manager sets the team up to get a draw at home....

RS POSSIBLY OUT???

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Dickinson

I think it shows what a poor state we are in that some people are trying to find some positives on Liam Dickinson. I have a friend who is a Derby fan and they thought he was useless. I really think the money could have been better spent. From what I have seen so far he is lucky to be paid as a professional footballer. I think he is easy for a central defender to play against.

As for Navarro, he doesn't even warrent comment.

I am worried about our club. Young players do not seem to develop their potential, and players who do have talent (I think, for example, Virgo does) play well below par. Something is wrong, and the only thing I can think of is to sweep away the manager and backroom staff and bring in a professional set up which will bring in discipline and professional tactics, not tolerate under par perfomances, bring on youngsters, and ship out rubbish like Dickinson, Navarro and some others.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think it shows what a poor state we are in that some people are trying to find some positives on Liam Dickinson. I have a friend who is a Derby fan and they thought he was useless. I really think the money could have been better spent. From what I have seen so far he is lucky to be paid as a professional footballer. I think he is easy for a central defender to play against.

As for Navarro, he doesn't even warrent comment.

I am worried about our club. Young players do not seem to develop their potential, and players who do have talent (I think, for example, Virgo does) play well below par. Something is wrong, and the only thing I can think of is to sweep away the manager and backroom staff and bring in a professional set up which will bring in discipline and professional tactics, not tolerate under par perfomances, bring on youngsters, and ship out rubbish like Dickinson, Navarro and some others.

Out of interest, how can your Derby fan friend think Dickinson is uselss when he didn't play a game for them?

Navarro had enough about him to play 30 odd games for an MK team last season who beat us comfortably both times so cannot be all bad. It really annoys me on here that people start threads specifically to slag off individual players and then others jump on the bandwagon.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
?

Out of interest, how can your Derby fan friend think Dickinson is uselss when he didn't play a game for them?

Navarro had enough about him to play 30 odd games for an MK team last season who beat us comfortably both times so cannot be all bad. It really annoys me on here that people start threads specifically to slag off individual players and then others jump on the bandwagon.

Maybe you should be annoyed at the state of our club rather than at fellow fans expressing their opinions.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't agree that Dickinson is sh*te. I think he has something to offer. But he surely needs to be played up front, down the middle, not out on the wing. He needs a boot up the arse though, he almost looked like Murry walking around shoulders down. CHASE EVERY LAST BALL DOWN! FIGHT FOR THE CLUB. Then when you are subbed on 60 minutes at least you have put a hard graft in.

Virgo doesnt deserve to be captain at the moment and Tunnicliffe should be recalled.

Agreed Marc, Bennett is also a decent player.

But then a few of the others potentially are .....:down:

Just not good enough yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here