Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that judging by the average player performance If Dicker can find his own way to the ground and can tie his own bootlaces he is streets ahead of our average midfielder

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
A good performance from Dicker today,didn`t deserve to be on the losing side today(like 3 or 4 others).He was strong in possession and passed the ball sensibly.I think his efforts easily deserved an 8.

Correct. Worked his bollocks off for the team, tackled fearlessly, passed the ball to feet and not just sideways, and was absolutely knackered in the last few minutes as a result. Fully deserved MOM :bowdown:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup i thought Dicker was class today. His passing is generally precise and sometimes sublime. He seemed to lose a bit of touch not long after he got booted in the face, but in general seemed a cut above.
The Crofts runs around alot and his energy is often to our benefit, but sometimes our novice and mostly blundersome centrebacks could do with someone just sat there and guiding them.
Davies was largely pointless today and cut inside so much that El-Abd was unprotected, which is a terrifying thought.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that judging by the average player performance If Dicker can find his own way to the ground and can tie his own bootlaces he is streets ahead of our average midfielder

And your last game was the play off final I believe........... yes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Correct. Worked his bollocks off for the team, tackled fearlessly, passed the ball to feet and not just sideways, and was absolutely knackered in the last few minutes as a result. Fully deserved MOM :bowdown:

Couldn't have put it better myself. :thumbsup:

ps Although everybody has a right to have their own contrary opinion on Gary Dicker's contribution; anybody who does actually think otherwise hasn't got a freakin' clue about football. FACT. :wave:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do despair of some of the folk on here I really do. We have the most strongest of views from some who dont actually ever go and then we have some who do go who might as well be watching another game altogether for the actual sense they make when commenting on it. Our keeper had no chance today with their goals for Christ`s sake and we played really well apart from our defensive lapses.

It was a f***ing good game as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dicker was head and shoulders above every other player on the field today. If we had a midfielder like Paul Rogers to play in front of him then he would be even better.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
oh no, I didn't go to that crap.. sent me stunt double

What ..............There are TWO people who look like that.

Goodnight....... I`m going clean the crumbs out of my bed......... I`m expecting company.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
Agree with those who have already said it, he was a class above today. He often gets the ball in tight situations and moves it quickly to make space. He drives forward well and his passing is excellent, a great release for bennett...who again was superb. My only concern is that we use him a little too much because the players know he can be so effective. I fear if we are not careful we could become a little one dimensional unless we can get someone on the left who can really cause problems. Davies is a good player, but is desperate to get the ball on his right foot and cut inside.
For those who criticise Crofts, he really is a good foil for Dicker in the middle. He chases, harries and is one of very few who really pressure the opposition. He is solid on the ball and often makes good runs forward which we do not exploit enough. Personally I think that Crofts and Dicker are the closest pairing we have had to Carpenter and Oatway, and they are probably better players.
The midfield and forwards we have are probably the best group we have had for some years, unfortunately their efforts will not be rewarded if we continue to defend in such an amateur fashion. When slade came in last season the first thing he did was reorganise a very poor defence to tighten things up. He needs to do it again. If he succeeds then we have the core of a very promising team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here