Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dicker was superb yesterday....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No one said he was a top end Championship player did they? & he's certainly not league 1 level either is he? Do you really think Gus would be playing him week in & week out if he was. But you obviously know best don't you fella. How's the weather in la la land by the way?
Sooo,... we cant blame Barnes for an inept performance up front, but you can lambast CMS as much as you like.... and .. you can't blame Dicker for an uninspiring, undynamic midfield performance, but Hammond, Crofts and Bridcutt are fair game,.... what is it with some of you,.... do you not recognise a decent performance when you see one, or in fact a crap one for that matter.?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought Dicker showed for the ball a lot more than Hammond and Bridcutt, passed the ball well and tracked back well. His best game for a while.

Also thought he linked well with Bridge and KLL, we did look a bit one sided in the second half with very little coming down the right flank.

Do wish the blokes who sit behind me would encourage when Dicker gets the ball and not just moan, the lad needs encouragement.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The first one was cleverly worked to Calderon who had a shot blocked. On others he put them in dangerous areas it's just we don't seem to have the desire to win the headers.

So he popped a cheeky one to Calde who unfortunately had the shot blocked, but then stuck balls into the middle that we didn't have anybody willing or able to get their nut on (against central defenders who were extremely strong in the air)? I rest my case.

ps I actually thought Gary Dicker had a good game yesterday too FWIW. Here's to him having another one on Tuesday evening. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

I will put my hands up and admit Dicker has more about him than i ever thought, but he had a very good game yesterday, however i have only seen it recently whether he is more able to be creative with Hammond in the team, we will have to wait to see if he can keep continue his form.
On another note i am a big Hammond fan but his passing lacked conviction yesterday and were very readable,hope he can step it up a gear with the rest of them Tuesday.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Sooo,... we cant blame Barnes for an inept performance up front, but you can lambast CMS as much as you like.... and .. you can't blame Dicker for an uninspiring, undynamic midfield performance, but Hammond, Crofts and Bridcutt are fair game,.... what is it with some of you,.... do you not recognise a decent performance when you see one, or in fact a crap one for that matter.?

I can see I'm wasting my time writing this as its gonna go in one ear & out the other. You're entitled to your opinion however deluded. If you think Dickers performance was crap that's up to you. I'd say at least 85% of the people on here would disagree with you & like I said earlier the person who's opinion really counts, that being Gus, completely disagrees with you as well. On that judgement & with the load of tosh you've just spouted in the previous paragraph I'd say you really don't know what you're talking about so I'll leave you to it. Enjoy

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's improved enormously on his start of last season showings and i'm chuffed for him. Whilst we're in possession on the edge of their box then as much as i'd like him to take the odd whizzbang, there are few who keep the ball moving so swiftly and have the footballing wit to dink a little ball through. I think he watched the season from the sidelines, developing mentally, recognising how quickly football in this league is, and then put in a real pre-season with the ball determined to fit into a team looking to spread play and use its pace and guile out wide on both sides. He's aided by an overall improvement in the team, but i think he is paying back Gus' faith right now and getting better each game. I remember his trickery at Millwall away with astonishment and pride. As i said, really glad for him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Am I the only one who thought his corners were actually quite good?

Looking at the highlights and Dicker should be credited with two sensible corners which should have brought at least one goal. Dicker did all that was expected of him and a bit more.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't think he was awful but I don't see how anyone could claim Dicker was superb or had a great game. They had a man on Bridcutt the whole game. As a result Dicker had far more space than usual, I don't really remember him doing much with it.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We have to remember that Dicker was out for a large proportion of last season with quite a nasty leg break. He needed some time to embed into the championship, i think through Gus's faith for him we saw the best perfomance he has put in for a long time and hopefully their will be more to come.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I must have been watching a different game.
Nothing he did suggested he was outstanding. Infact I thought he was very pedestrian and ineffective with a tendancy to avoid any challenges and stand off.
But, I'm probably not entitled to have that opinion.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I must have been watching a different game.
Nothing he did suggested he was outstanding. Infact I thought he was very pedestrian and ineffective with a tendancy to avoid any challenges and stand off.
But, I'm probably not entitled to have that opinion.

Of course you're entitled to it, but I bet if you watched the game again you'd change your mind.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

There are reasons Gus plays Dicker and Barnes week in, week out. A lot of us seem to be able to see them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here