Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Wednesday for the retained list, going to be announced collectively. and told in person not on the phone. Wants 2 or 3 experienced players. DK gives me the impression most will be released.

Aiming to challenge top end of league 1. Wilkins had attracted a lot of attention and DK acted pro-actively to keep him here. Magoo has some new coaching ideas, wants Wilkins on the coaching staff.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
Has anyone listened to the web cast thing on the albion site? I am not able to listen to it could nayone tell me what it says?

Mcghee has been given a 3 year extension to his contract.

y2dave said:
Wednesday for the retained list, going to be announced collectively. and told in person not on the phone. Wants 2 or 3 experienced players. DK gives me the impression most will be released.

I got the opposite - he was at pains to stress that the team would not be full of youth teamers, that indicates to me that not all but a number of the out-of-contract pros will be retained and, as Knight explicitly stated, an additional 2 or 3 experienced players will also be brought in from the outside. Sounds good.

I thought there was also an emphasis on overhauling our scouting structure, logical given the problems we have finding players willing to play at Withdean.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
we're going to upgrade our scouting structure by using DVD's instead of Video's from now on when buying from abroad

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I got the opposite - he was at pains to stress that the team would not be full of youth teamers, that indicates to me that not all but a number of the out-of-contract pros will be retained and, as Knight explicitly stated, an additional 2 or 3 experienced players will also be brought in from the outside. Sounds good.

I thought there was also an emphasis on overhauling our scouting structure, logical given the problems we have finding players willing to play at Withdean.

So you still belive DK's pronouncements on new sugnings!?... I would have thought you would have learnt not to believe him (or MM for that matter) on this subject by now... how many players have we been allegedly oh so close to signing, and nothing has materialised... I've lost count... the level of failure in this area is astronomical...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PILTDOWN MAN said:
we're going to upgrade our scouting structure by using DVD's instead of Video's from now on when buying from abroad

:lolol:

"Upgrading" with Dean White in charge... makes me smile...:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
I've just watched it. Amongst the things that have been said, ie Wed for retained players, 2-3 new signings, Wilkins coaching first team which MM agress with, I thought it was interesting to hear Dick Knight say: "I'm not going to make any predictions, I'm not that foolish. But, I will expect us to be challenging at the right end of League 1 next season." Noone can be unsure of what the target is then, most notable McGhee, it's top 6 or he's out by the sound of it.

Yes, play-off position by Christmas or P45 for MM... last chance saloon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here