Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK Knight...

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Oh my letter warranted an answer - Dick just didn't like what we had to say in the letter because it was critiscising one of his arse lickers at the club

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Id rather have a hundred Dick Knights than a hundred Qpr owners

With that sort of ambition then we will always be a bottom 2 division side. I'd gladly take QPRs billionairre setup over the shit we are getting now every day of the week.

Dick served the goods when we were in dire straits but if we are ever going to the next level he aint our man, and some of the decisions in the last 3 years have been nothing short of attrocious.

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
My concern is Dick Knight never comes out and talks to the fans ( apart fronm the big PR thing with him and Micky in the argus the other week ) wasn't it Dick Knight himself that said when he sacked Magee " he listened to the fans" - somebody get Dick a hearing aid!!!! - i don't think he can hear some of us

At last a constructive comment, these problems are not new, how many "fans" would turn out for a good draw in the cup, maybe if the good weather supportes came out and supported the club we would be doing better but how easy it is just to blame the manager, remeber the blame stops at the top and that is DK, am I the only one that thinks that players are selected from above Adams, nobody will convince me that Booker & White are MA first choice, this was a condition of him coming back. DK will not change things because the fans say so as he is a stubborn businessman so we should just get on with it and encourage the team ourselves

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With that sort of ambition then we will always be a bottom 2 division side. I'd gladly take QPRs billionairre setup over the shit we are getting now every day of the week.

Dick served the goods when we were in dire straits but if we are ever going to the next level he aint our man, and some of the decisions in the last 3 years have been nothing short of attrocious.
Spot on as usual Daniel. Tired of the horseshit now, personally.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
:censored:
Dick Knight has always done his best for this club and always will

i tell you what one day he will say right ive had anoth of all these people moaning about me and walk out

Id rather have a hundred Dick Knights than a hundred Qpr owners

are you liz costas love child ffs are you another one of this club arse lickers than would rather have Uncle Dick and co in charge and stay in this league or do a hull and get into the premiership.This club has become a little gentlemans club:rant:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
:censored:

are you liz costas love child ffs are you another one of this club arse lickers than would rather have Uncle Dick and co in charge and stay in this league or do a hull and get into the premiership.This club has become a little gentlemans club:rant:

Quite agree the club has the feeling of being a little club for uncle Dick and all his little cronies who like to crow along with him thus making themselves feel important.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
No he won't. Thicky Adams is a very average manager who got lucky with Zamora. We're on a downward spiral until we get a decent manager in.

Unbelievable!

This comment is rubbish he did not get lucky with zamora he obviosly saw potential that nobody else saw in him at the time as in Bristol Rovers reserves. During that time he sighned quality players for us as

1) Kuipers
2) Pual Watson briliant in the season we were promoted TWICE
3) Danny cullip
4) Richard carpenter
5) Lee steele who was a had a bloody good partnership with zamora
6) Pual rodgers who who was wigan captain the season before
7 )Simon morgan who i dont know if you remember was exceptional for us

Im sorry mate the list goes on he was not lucky at all he sighned a new squad then and he will have to do it again as the squad has like last time got too much deed wood in it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Im sorry mate the list goes on he was not lucky at all he sighned a new squad then and he will have to do it again as the squad has like last time got too much deed wood in it.

Yes, he needs to build a new squad and get rid of the 'dead wood', which is why he re-signed Mayo and Hart.
:clap:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Quite agree the club has the feeling of being a little club for uncle Dick and all his little cronies who like to crow along with him thus making themselves feel important.

But realistically who is going to buy us?

We have ABSOLUTELY NO assets that would be of any interest to investors. They would have to prop us up at Withdean for another 2 seasons at least and then at Falmer when we don't get 15,000 every week or whatever the break even figure is.

Willing to risk Dick walking out and leaving us in the lurch?

I'm not.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
But realistically who is going to buy us?

We have ABSOLUTELY NO assets that would be of any interest to investors. They would have to prop us up at Withdean for another 2 seasons at least and then at Falmer when we don't get 15,000 every week or whatever the break even figure is.

Willing to risk Dick walking out and leaving us in the lurch?

I'm not.

My problem is that the club is run very unprofesionaly. Dick reminds me a bit of Doug Ellis in that his medling in first team is holding the club back on the pitch and off it to a degree (not willing to pay the going rate for players in wages etc).

I have nothing much against the guy and was the saviour of the club for which he will allways be honoured and respected for but that does not mean I agree with everything he does and everybody has a shelf life. Lets face it he's now an old man which I doubt makes him very easy to work with.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
My problem is that the club is run very unprofesionaly. Dick reminds me a bit of Doug Ellis in that his medling in first team is holding the club back on the pitch and off it to a degree (not willing to pay the going rate for players in wages etc).

I have nothing much against the guy and was the saviour of the club for which he will allways be honoured and respected for but that does not mean I agree with everything he does and everybody has a shelf life. Lets face it he's now an old man which I doubt makes him very easy to work with.

Please tell us what is going on behind the scenes at the club. I'd love to know because you obviously know a whole lot more than I do.

Is he meddling in on-the-pitch issues?

Did he refuse to pay the 'going rate'?

If he did refuse, why was it?

Did the club have the money to pay the 'going rate' in any case?

Do you know what the 'going rate' was?

Why is he not easy to work with?

In what areas is the club run 'unprofessionally'?

Given that you know you are right in what you say, how would you solve these problems?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It seems from this and numerous other threads that NSC has plenty of members who know exactly how to run a football club business.

All we have to do now is find the one who has many millions to put into the club but is prepared for the prospect of little or no return on those millions.

Simple really.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Please tell us what is going on behind the scenes at the club. I'd love to know because you obviously know a whole lot more than I do.

Is he meddling in on-the-pitch issues? To involved in transfer and contract negotiations.

Did he refuse to pay the 'going rate'? Players have left the club, which has made it hard for the manager to build a squad and has caused major disruption, like last christmas.

If he did refuse, why was it?

Did the club have the money to pay the 'going rate' in any case? It had £300k for Murray, and if we cant afford to keep the likes of Savage, Hammond etc then we are in deed in the shit.

Do you know what the 'going rate' was? Obviously more than Dick is willing spend.

Why is he not easy to work with? Bloody minded and becoming more so, in my opinion could be down to his age.

In what areas is the club run 'unprofessionally'? Umm where do we begin, ticketeting, day to day management.

Given that you know you are right in what you say, how would you solve these problems?

I dont have a crystal ball, I only express an opinion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As was said by many on here when Wilkins was sacked, DK took a massive risk in bringing back Adams.

To get rid of your manager (who is playing mainly home grown players) when you have finished 7th in the league puts huge pressure on the incoming manager, as anything less than a play off finish has to be seen as a backward step.

Personally I don't want Adams to be sacked yet - it's far too early IMO, (and could we really afford to pay him off?) however he has made some pretty big errors since coming back, (Keeping White, bringing back Booker, retaining Hart / Mayo / bringing Hawkins in at the expense of Lynch, bringing in Savage etc....) and he must start to get some decent home league results quickly or by Christmas there will be the 4000 STH at Withdean and no one else.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I dont have a crystal ball, I only express an opinion.

But your opinions came over as facts, that's why I asked if you knew something others don't.

If a chairman being involved in transfer and contract negotiations is 'meddling' then that's what most chairmen or, in the case of some clubs, chief executives acting for the board, do. Neither Ferguson nor Scolari get involved in the financial side of players' transfers and contracts - David Gill and Peter Kenyon do it.

As for everything else I mentioned, you have simply guessed at everything in order to be able to criticise DK.

It would appear to me that you nothing of what goes on behind the scenes, nor any of the salary negotiations, or the 'going rates' for anything. In that case, your criticisms are baseless. You are of, course, entitled to your opinions but, without any facts to back them up, they lack any credibility.

You may be right in everything you say but you can't come up with any facts to back it up. You don't KNOW that you are, you just want to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here