Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight To Mentor Wilkins

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
Why is that worrying, Harty? What is exactly is your grudge against DK?

I would think that that is most obvious DK has neither the experience nor the knowledge, compared to those people mentioned, of players that may become available. What is the saying ' a little knowledge is harmful'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:
I would think that that is most obvious DK has neither the experience nor the knowledge, compared to those people mentioned, of players that may become available. What is the saying ' a little knowledge is harmful'

I am positive that it is about the technicalities involved in the transfer market and not the actual picking of the players etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BarrelofFun said:
I am positive that it is about the technicalities involved in the transfer market and not the actual picking of the players etc.

That wasn't said. 'On transfer activities I can help him' which encompasses all aspects of transfers including the selecting of targets. It is well documented that he has been responsible for many of our recent transfers of players Iwellumo, Reid that spring to mind.

You cannot say one day MM and I went to see a player and then when that turns out to be a dud signing wash your hands of it.

All managers and Chairmen are entitled to make a bad decision re a transfer, it is nothing to be ashamed of provided it doesn't happen too often.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
seagull4life said:
From the argus:

If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

So now he has shown he wants to control team affairs! :censored:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Barrel of Fun for the umpteenth time I have no personal grudge or hidden agenda with DK, however I find it worrying because this 'mentoring' theme is Dick in a position of which he has no real proffessional expertise.
I know of a number of former club employees who like most of us all know and love Dick, but have all said one of his big drawbacks is that he actually believes he knows what he's talking about when trying to find players, I know we all have opinion, its all part of the fun, but its a bit different when you are actually making the decisions when your not really qualified to.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is there any truth in the rumour we are now trying to sign the reknowned Swiss born Argentinian player with a chip on his shoulder called Colin Molango-Turienzo?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Knights had his sticky fingers involved with most managers telling them who to sign and so on.. but i would guess that Adams probably told him to f-off.
No one person runs the club...i dont think so !!!!!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
portslade seagull said:
Knights had his sticky fingers involved with most managers telling them who to sign and so on.. but i would guess that Adams probably told him to f-off.

Why are they sticky?

:eek:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
portslade seagull said:
Didn't MA once allude to interference from above?
If not him, it was Taylor or Coppell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here