Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight To Mentor Wilkins

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
From the argus:

"I talked to Dean about whether he would like to have an experienced mentor, a Dave Bassett, David Pleat, Lennie Lawrence or Jim Smith type figure," Knight said.

"That was one of the thought processes I went through but decided against. Dean wouldn't feel comfortable with it. If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
seagull4life said:
From the argus:

"I talked to Dean about whether he would like to have an experienced mentor, a Dave Bassett, David Pleat, Lennie Lawrence or Jim Smith type figure," Knight said.

"That was one of the thought processes I went through but decided against. Dean wouldn't feel comfortable with it. If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

What about on the field mentoring, will DK do that as well?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
seagull4life said:
If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

err, what transfer activity is THAT? ???

Unless we talking about players OUT...?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I noticed this yesterday and it did ring alarm bells... I don't think it should be ignored and Dick needs to be questioned on his comments

???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Desperate days indeed when our chairman and manager dismiss the need for an experienced head in team selection and tactics.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
seagull4life said:
From the argus:

Deano has never had to work in the transfer market before. Dick can give him pointers as he has been involved in many a transfer. I honestly do not think this is an indicator of Dick choosing players or picking the team.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Dick Knight To Mentor Wilkins

BarrelofFun said:
Deano has never had to work in the transfer market before. Dick can give him pointers as he has been involved in many a transfer. I honestly do not think this is an indicator of Dick choosing players or picking the team.

Now come on BOF! I would've thought an experienced poster like your good self should realise there's no room for logicical thinking during a NSC depression!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight To Mentor Wilkins

British Bulldog said:
Now come on BOF! I would've thought an experienced poster like your good self should realise there's no room for logicical thinking during a NSC depression!

:lolol: I think the NSC banner should be replaced with a black cloud.

I am in the process of venting my spleen - sending out some letters to various cockjuggling MPs et al.

f*** f*** f*** I have finally discovered that it is possible to love and hate something so much.

:albion: :angry: :albion: :love:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight To Mentor Wilkins

BarrelofFun said:
:lolol: I think the NSC banner should be replaced with a black cloud.

But lets not forget the silver lining eh! :D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can appreciate that Dean Wilkins would feel that he wasnt running the show if he hadan experienced 'named' assistant but why do we have a Director of Football if it is not to help DW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here