Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Statue at Falmer?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i know they can be expensive but i think it would be nice to have several statues placed around the ground of people who have made significant contributions to the history of our football club and room for more for the future.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Am i alone in thinking the whole knight thing has gone too far now?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What about Tony Bloom the man who in Martin Perry's words "there would be no stadium without Tony Bloom"

What about Martin Perry? Maclom Stuart? Liz Costa? Paul Samrah

Look the bottom line is Dick did a good job for a number of years, but frankly I think people are now over egging it.

Personally I would like to see a statue of Peter Ward in the seventies, the most iconic image of our club.

But I would not be adverse to the Knight Stand and the Archer and Bellotti toilets.

At least the man deserves is the main stand named after him.

Not adverse to commercial deal, I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing it with a sponsors name as well.

Personally, I think Dick biggest contribution to the club (along with those who have worked tremendously hard for no pay in the Falmer For All Campaign) has been keeping the club and the stadium fight in the public eye.

I've not always agreed with everything that has been said and done, but then I never offered my help in way I could put my view across did I ?

Tony Bloom may have got us over the finishing line and deserves credit for that, but to me Knight, Perry, Paul and Ed were the ones who ran the marathon, even at times it appeared like a three legged race.

(.. and I mean that in the nicest way )

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
more realistic,and affordable without sponsorship of the statue,as a tribute would be a stained glass window at Falmer showing perhaps D.K,the Goldstone and Stuart Storer and friends in that famous huddle celebrating that goal.
if you can come up with the dosh i know the man to make it happen

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think a series of statues on one plinth taken from these images:

preview_358844_0_450x500_0_0__2_ffffff_ccfe22ed602728e51a58e34b40067f06.jpg

FOSTER_Steve_19820904_GH_L.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion.html

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
And of course Peter Ward and Robbie Reinelt's goal against Hereford; both of which I found very difficult to find online

I'm tired, that's why . . . .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
saddamstatueDM1903_468x361.jpg

"Oh for fucks sake. Someone get hold of Withdean Wanderer before he BREAKS it."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It might be cheaper to get a statue of Falmer built on Dick Knight. Whoever is immortalised in this statue we must get the guy who did the first statue for Southampton's stadium to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here