Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight`s 2 million

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When Dick Knight was walking around the pitch after OUR escape at Hereford, shaking hands like a Prospective U.S. president he managed to stop 2 or 3 times and speak to ITV, BBC and Sky telling them of what a great day it was and how he was going to invest 2 million pounds for players in the next season. (actually he`d promised it before he had taken over and the fans went whoopee)
Any chance of some of it in january Dick to keep us in Div 1.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you look at the club accounts, you will find that the board are owed about £10 million, so you have already had it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you look at the club accounts, you will find that the board are owed about £10 million, so you have already had it.

Oh I see. Dick Knight didn`t realise that we did not have a ground and would be incurring extra costs because of this, prior to him taking over.
So the 2 mill for players got swallowed up in running costs that he hadn`t realised would be needed.

Phew.......... thanks for that E.P.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh I see. Dick Knight didn`t realise that we did not have a ground and would be incurring extra costs because of this, prior to him taking over.
So the 2 mill for players got swallowed up in running costs that he hadn`t realised would be needed.

Phew.......... thanks for that E.P.

No problem Q.

The original business plan was to have a stadium to play in, in Brighton, by 2003. As a loyal fan I am sure you are aware that due to the NIMBY's and their acolytes this in now going to take place many years later.

The costs of the Falmer inquiry were not budgeted for, and the extent of the bitter, curtain twitching twats from Lewes and Falmer filibustering tactics were underestimated.

Given a choice between directing my venom between Dick Knight or Melanie Cuntress and co, I know where mine is aimed.

You of course, are entitled to differ.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I dare say it is.

count_arthur.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No problem Q.

The original business plan was to have a stadium to play in, in Brighton, by 2003. As a loyal fan I am sure you are aware that due to the NIMBY's and their acolytes this in now going to take place many years later.

The costs of the Falmer inquiry were not budgeted for, and the extent of the bitter, curtain twitching twats from Lewes and Falmer filibustering tactics were underestimated.

Given a choice between directing my venom between Dick Knight or Melanie Cuntress and co, I know where mine is aimed.

You of course, are entitled to differ.

I want our 2 million and I want it now Nurse Ratchett.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cold enema instead for you Mr Q

coffee-enema1a.jpg

You thinks that a punishment E.P. ?
I`ve a couple of spare hours at tea-time.......... send her round.

I just noticed the jar of coffee on the table.....mmmmmmmmm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Can you tell us who is owed what?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When Dick Knight was walking around the pitch after OUR escape at Hereford, shaking hands like a Prospective U.S. president he managed to stop 2 or 3 times and speak to ITV, BBC and Sky telling them of what a great day it was and how he was going to invest 2 million pounds for players in the next season. (actually he`d promised it before he had taken over and the fans went whoopee)
Any chance of some of it in january Dick to keep us in Div 1.

It's a while ago now so my memory might be a bit dusty but I think you'll find the £2m investment wasn't JUST for players it included wages - after all it would have been ridiculous to invest that much in players purchase costs when we were a very poor third division team. AND MA had a mass clear out so I wouldn't be surprised to find all the £2m was used anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I seem to recall hearing many times since that Dick only got to see the books AFTER the deal had been done to take over.

As such, he got to realise the Archer, like Happy Jack, had lied and lied and lied and lied and lied about the state of the club's accounts.

Hence the £2m being swallowed up at once.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All right then I admit defeat, but what about a few bob for a centre half ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can you tell us who is owed what?

I don't have the full details, as a lot of the detail is hidden in amounts owed to the holding company. I will find out more details tomorrow when Companies House is back online.

Out of interest, our losses for the last three years BEFORE player trading is taken into account, are as follows

2004/5 £976,000 (Championship)
2005/6 £2,230,000 (Championship)
2006/7 £2,812,000 (League 1)

Total amounts owing to creditors now tops £15.5 million. of which I estimate at least £13.9 million is due directly or indirectly to the board.

Note that these figures are at 30 June 2007, so realistically we can add another £2 million for the year to 30 June 2008, as further falls in attendances, coupled with the end of parachute payments from the Championship, will have pushed the club further into the red.

One of the notes to the accounts reveals that the club has over £18 million of trading losses available for tax purposes, but the board state that they cannot foresee a date when profitability will be achieved.

The auditors state that the club is technically insolvent, and is only trading due to the goodwill of the board.

Such goodwill towards the board is noticeably lacking from NSC.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If he'd known that this bullshit would still be going a decade later he'd probably have stayed on his sunlounger and not bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here