Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Interview

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
One lost the support of DK whilst winning, the other lost the support of the Board ( not DK ) whilst failing miserably.

to be totally accurate, both appear to have lost the support of all board members bar one. The difference is each case is who was the board member who stood alone? We can assume (safely) Knight with Adams, but who with Wilkins?

You and others failed to hear anything from within the club whilst Adams was taking us near to relegation, not because it wasn't there but you were all unwilling to look !!!
The reason I've "failed to hear anything from within the club" this season is quite simple ... Apart from exchanging a few pleasantries on the day of the Falmer sod-turning, I haven't had a conversation with anyone "within the club" since Micky Adams was appointed.

As a South Stand season ticket holder, it's difficult to get anywhere near the gossip.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
to be totally accurate, both appear to have lost the support of all board members bar one. The difference is each case is who was the board member who stood alone? We can assume (safely) Knight with Adams, but who with Wilkins?

I am not sure about that, I think the driving force remains DK in each example.

He was anti-Wilkins and Pro Adams, thats clear.

The other Board members would have a view on each to different degrees, probably accepting MA was likely to have to go anytime soon, whilst maybe doubting whether sacking Wilkins was the right thing to do, although some ignored the flawed logic, it was always a risk.

I would suspect that the coaching role on offer might of appeased those doubters within the Boardroom.

The 'Boards unanimous' statements offered to the press is irrelevant and something you would expect coming from any club.

I think however you wrap this up, misjudgements have been made and none moreso than from the Chairman.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont now be so sanctimonious

kettle.gif

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't be bothered to go back and check, but is this another person accusing LB of presenting himself as part of the mythical "inner circle" or somehow privy to inside info?

If it's the same person, why? You turned another thread into a "you said this/no I said that" thread, why not continue it there if you're unhappy with the previous resolution.

If it's someone new, that's two people, maybe your posts, LB, have been a little misleading (unintentionally, I'm sure).

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'd like to think one day some key personnel will write some bloody good books about what REALLY happened at this club from the 1980's to present day...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The reason I've "certainly failed to hear anything from within the club" this season is quite simple ... Apart from exchanging a few pleasantries on the day of the Falmer sod-turning, I haven't had a conversation with anyone "within the club" since Micky Adams was appointed.

As a South Stand season ticket holder, it's difficult to get anywhere near the gossip.

But you have failed to acknowledge that any likely 'unrest' during Adams reign just wasn't acknowledged or sought by Naylor, Harty or you, even though he was failing miserably.

However it seems that the effort made by some to try to discredit Wilkins, even when he was succeeding was encourage by those same people.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd like to think one day some key personnel will write some bloody good books about what REALLY happened at this club from the 1980's to present day...

I think you will find that there is only one person equipped to write such a book, because that person is the only one that knows THE TRUTH.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think you will find that there is only one person equipped to write such a book, because that person is the only one that knows THE TRUTH.

I think you are right! But it would need a balanced approach...

D

Deleted member 2719

Where is it clear? DK gave DW a two year contract, surely he would not have done so if he was anti-Wilkins.

You are confusing opinion with facts.

As a body language expert i would say Big Gully is spot on.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I am not sure about that, I think the driving force remains DK in each example.

well the last comment I ever heard from a director about a manager was Ray Bloom saying 'wilkins is a coach, not a manager' and that was a year before wilkins was sacked.

Knight has (according to naylor) defended adams and mcghee in the face of others in the boardroom. It's just likely that wilkins didn't do enough to prompt the same loyalty.

I can't be bothered to go back and check, but is this another person accusing LB of presenting himself as part of the mythical "inner circle" or somehow privy to inside info?

If it's the same person, why? You turned another thread into a "you said this/no I said that" thread, why not continue it there if you're unhappy with the previous resolution.

If it's someone new, that's two people, maybe your posts, LB, have been a little misleading (unintentionally, I'm sure).
Thank you Acker79. If there is an "inner circle", I've never claimed to be part of it. As I explained to Buzzer in the other thread, the only reason I got involved in saying anything on NSC about the DW situation was to refute Harty's statement that Wilkins had "lost the dressing room". I don't believe that was the case.

But you have failed to acknowledge that any likely 'unrest' during Adams reign just wasn't acknowledged or sought by Naylor, Harty or you, even though he was failing miserably.
I don't understand what this is supposed to mean.

If it helps, I can say that, by half-time at the Carlisle game, it seemed to me that Adams' time was up.

I hadn't realised that I was supposed to have announced this judgement on NSC, though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well i have studied body language for many years and when some one has a sharp instrument behind the said person and they are thrusting it in their kidneys it tends to mean, i don't like you very much!

;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well i have studied body language for many years and when some one has a sharp instrument behind the said person and they are thrusting it in their kidneys it tends to mean, i don't like you very much!

;)

I think you will find that the people with the sharp instrument have the surname Bloom, and the person being poked is called Knight.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
anti Adams probably came a bit later, you know when he sacked him! :jester:

Any chance you could take your "stupid hat" off, and give your analysis of the news about RBS and LLoyds re; their alleged £500 billion debt the Government is taking on...?

Is it good news overall, or bad news...? Difficult to tell when Lord Haw Haw (robert Peston) is giving his views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here