Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight doesn't want us to go up

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
rodger has been injured all season, even if he does get another contract it will be quite likely that he wont be as good as he was.

Carpenter - dont think he looked div 1 quality last year
Iwelumo - hes only played 2 games for us, stoke fans thought he tried hard but wasnt good enough - hopefully mm will coax the best out of him, so possibly good enough
Knight - needs to prove himself at that level.

cullip yes
roberts/kuipers yes.

more of thigh bone than a backbone..

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
This is what many people on here were saying earlier this season.
I'm just wondering if anyone still believes that Knight would prefer us to stay in this divison? Well?

He's brought in Roberts, Knight, Iwelumo on permanent deals as well as bringing in Benjamin, Rehman, Yeates, Flitney. The money was always there for the right players and appointing McGhee shows exactly what Knight wants to do. Get into Division 1 and stabalise there.

Not so f***ing potless now eh?

probably the best post in the world

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer 68
why has everyone forgotten Dean Blackwell ?

Originally posted by Yorkie at 12.19pm
Blackwell should be fit by the beginning of the next season so Butters would be consigned to the bench anyway (even if he got a new contract)

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
u mean the guy whose been injured all season with an injury that quite often has a long term affect on the player after recovery and at 34 is not exactly the great white hope for the future..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Spot on Wombat, I think Blackwell and Rodger will struggle to play Professional first team football ever again, especially in Div 1.

Both well into their 30's and have had season long injuries. I doubt Mcghee will keep either to be honest.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
remebering performances last year, I am not sure that Danny C is up to division 1 either

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
A lot of people on here are jumping the gun a bit!!

Wouldnt it be better to wait til we get up and then debate who should stay and who should come in??:nono:

We dont want to end up with a lot of egg on our faces!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
remebering performances last year, I am not sure that Danny C is up to division 1 either

He had some outstanding performances in Div 1!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i,d be happy to go up this year, but if we dont i wont be gutted.

reason is that Mcghee needs a year to build this team into a strong unit. Div2 is a shit league, but as a training ground for the younger players it will provide them with a much better education than getting humped most weeks in div 1.

I cant believe that people think that this team is as good as the one that went up 2 years ago, let alone the squad that got relegated last year.

Harding, virgo etc have potential but they haven't had the chance to establish themselves in their positions yet let alone be considered vital first team players.

if staying down another year means that we build a good squad, the nucleus of which would last for the next 4 or 5 years, then i'd take that rather than turning into a yoyo team

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
What you on about dick is potless and these loan players where exspected,so we get loanys in and they go back and get replaced by other loanys.
Of course there was a budget for loan players as every club has em and thats mostly because most clubs are potless.

If we signed a player perminant that would make us not potless,so lets not get over board over something that everyone exspected and thats loan players.:smokin:

Dick would like us to go up i have no doubts,but he can't keep us there as the budgets just not enough and wages are higher.
The up and down merry go round it will be til falmer,but i'll be happy with being bottom of div 1 than div 2.:drink: :drink: :drink: :D

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes that is another point on our players as 85% are not good enough,so dick isn't thinking to far ahead is he,but thats because we will rely on these loan players and freebies if we go up and hopefully get shot of a good 10 players.:)

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Last year was a lesson for the whole club.

I don't think DK will be so soft with contracts if we do go up and MM has proved that he knows the right players.

If DK had no ambition for the Albion then Falmer would seem even further away than it does now.

People gave Bamber some serious shit but I always believed he only ever wanted the best.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i dont think this team is as good as last seasons. but i do believe it would be ok in div 1. the main reasons why we came down last season, in my opinion is lack of expieriance from hinsh and injuries to key players whilst he was in charge. i.e zamora. we could easily stay up next season if we got promotion the reason why i believe this is because i trust mcghee will bring in good loan players and maybe even add a couple more permanent faces.

anybody that thinks dick knight would not want his team to go up must be stupid. anybody wants to see a good return from your assets and outlays. not meaning he is gonna strip the club of them once at their peak. as he is a fan aswell.

also players brought in this season listed above somewhere does not include our latest addition reid. he could be a very good buy. who knows. after all i dont think 2 goals in 7 division 1 appearances is too bad for a midfielder.

also this is the 2nd time i have wrote this lot. just finishing it before when my 18 month old son turned the bloody computer off.:angry: i said to him "you are a pain in the arse, but i love you" to which he started laughing the little bugger.:lolol:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Phew, what a thread.....but whilst you have to be an optimist to support the Albion the phrase ' blue and white striped glasses' springs to mind.

A few more signings like Lumo, and we might just be ready, IF we go up....

Smart Mart said:
Phew, what a thread.....but whilst you have to be an optimist to support the Albion the phrase ' blue and white striped glasses' springs to mind.

A few more signings like Lumo, and we might just be ready, IF we go up....
Yeah but don't forget we were unlucky last season with injuries, bad luck, and a questionable managerial appointment for the first part of the season!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
How the f*ck does anybody know if Harding cant cut it in Div 1?

Since he has come into the team this season he has been exceptional.

I hate all this bollox that 'hes too young and not experienced enough at that level'

If your good enough you are old enough !!

Well how the f*ck do you get experience at that level without being thrown in at the deep end.

As long as there are a few experienced heads playing around thses youngsters they will be fine and become even better!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
How the f*ck does anybody know if Harding cant cut it in Div 1?

Since he has come into the team this season he has been exceptional.

I hate all this bollox that 'hes too young and not experienced enough at that level'

If your good enough you are old enough !!

Well how the f*ck do you get experience at that level without being thrown in at the deep end.

As long as there are a few experienced heads playing around thses youngsters they will be fine and become even better!

f***ing. Top. Post.

How is a player meant to become an experienced Div 1 player without being given a chance in Div 1?

Personally I think Harding could cut it in Div as could El-Abd.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
None of our midfielders is First Division quality and Butters' lack of pace would be shown up in Div 1.

Butters lack of pace is already being shown up in Div 2. As is his lack of distribution skills...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here