Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight doesn't want us to go up

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is what many people on here were saying earlier this season.
I'm just wondering if anyone still believes that Knight would prefer us to stay in this divison? Well?

He's brought in Roberts, Knight, Iwelumo on permanent deals as well as bringing in Benjamin, Rehman, Yeates, Flitney. The money was always there for the right players and appointing McGhee shows exactly what Knight wants to do. Get into Division 1 and stabalise there.

Not so f***ing potless now eh?

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
This argument of "We can't afford to go up" is total bowlocks IMHO.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Palace here we come!
Palace Palace here we come!

(again)

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm just wondering if anyone still believes that Knight would prefer us to stay in this divison? Well?

He's brought in Roberts, Knight, Iwelumo on permanent deals as well as bringing in Benjamin, Rehman, Yeates, Flitney. The money was always there for the right players and appointing McGhee shows exactly what Knight wants to do. Get into Division 1 and stabalise there.

Totally agree mate...............................We need to go up, and Dick Knight wants us to go up................we immediately get more money just for being in the first Division, and it will make our case for Falmer even stronger.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Can you imagine Brighton Vs West Ham when Zamora returns to his old stomping ground!!!

Stayed with the big club etc...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Abusive, accurate, and to the point.

I like the cut of your gib, fellamelad.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Not so potless now eh?

:clap: :clap:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lammy said:
Can you imagine Brighton Vs West Ham when Zamora returns to his old stomping ground!!!

Stayed with the big club etc...

You don't think West Ham will go up as well then ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I honestly believe we have now (very nearly) got a possible good 1st div team as long as we keep hold of Leon and get Lumo on a better longer term deal!! Well done Dick and M.M!

:clap2:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Instead of

Derby
Hull
QPR
Milton Keynes
Sheffield Wednesday
Oxford

New ground in Cardiff

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Westdene Seagull said:
You don't think West Ham will go up as well then ?

Having watched them a couple of times recently - a big fat NO.

I put this on a previous thread, so apologies for the repetition - but I think it shows the sort of person our manager is. I was having a drink with Mark McGhee and Bob Booker on the day of the away Wycombe match, and I put it to Mark that the pressure on him to take us up was not so great as everyone else has their eye on Falmer. Whooooops. He shot me one of those steely looks and said: 'f*** that. I can't wait to get out of this f***ing division. It is absolutely pox.' Well, my sentiments exactly.

I feel we are getting a little over-excited about the possibility of promotion, so I think a certain level of reflection as to where we are at present wouldn't go amiss. True, I believe that a play-off place is now ours to lose, but that still does not follow that we are going up. I personally think that second place is beyond us. I think Bristol City and/or QPR will not make that sort of f*** up - but here's hoping. And Mark McGhee's tenure so far as manager should not be regarded as a failure should we be in Division 2 next season.

However, if we are in Division 2 next season, I think another promotion, possibly even another Championship, is there for the taking.

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Why would Dick and Martin Perry go to the lengths they have to get the new seats, fighting nimbys, corporate greed merchants (beginning and ending with the same letter) etc? The new seats are obviously to get the revenue from the greater number of away supporters we would get in Division One. Dick made one bad mistake (taking so long to appoint a manager and then appointing the wrong one), but even that nearly came right. Mind you, I'm not sure I would have kept going with all the frustrations he has had.

That's like saying Arsenal don't want to win the Champions League because Highbury is too small and the move to Ashburton Grove is hampering their finances

What a load of b....................x:shootself

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
to survive in the 1st maybe a new midfield and a new centre-half
the jump up would still be to great for some..IE butters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Blackwell should be fit by the beginning of the next season so Butters would be consigned to the bench anyway (even if he got a new contract)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I beg to differ, but that is just my opinion....what is more interesting is the case of Zamora.

He is taking serious stick at West ham at the moment.

scenario....we go up, Leon goes or is replaced ( he has proved he cannot hack it at a higher level) and we go in for Zamora. Iwoloomooo and Zammo up front.........mmmmmmm

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Blackwell should be fit by the beginning of the next season so Butters would be consigned to the bench anyway (even if he got a new contract)

Blackwell never even agreed or signed a contract this season did he? Coppell agreed to honour what Blackwell had been offered AFTER he got injured. He owes us imo but that's no guarantee he'll sign up for another season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here