Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dialogue with the club

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Other than regular fans’ forums at the AMEX and regionally, occasional fans’ forums in a pub/hotel near an away ground hosted by the Chairman, regular attendance at some regional fans’ group such as Seagulls over London (and others) by various senior club employees, being able to chat to the Chairman on train trips to and from away games, a.CEO who responds promptly and fully to any email sent to him, informative emails sent to fans on a regular basis, good programmes, good content on the website and other social media outlets, regular communication with the owner of the club’s largest online fans’ forum and obvious regular review of the content thereon, and the provision of a well-staffed fan helpline, you mean?

I dunno, I can’t think of a method of communication that could be used that isn’t already. I don’t agree with every decision the club makes, of course, but I do feel fully informed and communicated with. No business I have dealings with, professionally or personally, comes remotely close to the Albion in terms of how well they communicate with me. No other business I deal with has a CEO who is remotely as responsive as #BarberOut - he’s remarkable.

It ain’t bust, and doesn’t need fixing, imo.

'Yeah, but apart from that, what have the club ever done to communicate with fans ? ' :lolol:

Agreed....I'm not liking some of the decisions but to suggest there needs to be more engagement/communication sounds very needy. The club are quite probably the best in the game in that dept already.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
lJftPIX3pxfSDNR6r8fWkA_r.jpg

rTVR_a7OJyQoKrPVfmk-AA_r.jpg

:clap:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
If only there were some kind of organisation that any Albion enthusiast could join, independent from the Club but meeting regularly with the aim of providing a focus for supporters' interests, and an opportunity to meet periodically to discuss opinions and concerns with the management.

Ha! I've even got a name for it: the Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters' Club.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
If only there were some kind of organisation that any Albion enthusiast could join, independent from the Club but meeting regularly with the aim of providing a focus for supporters' interests, and an opportunity to meet periodically to discuss opinions and concerns with the management.

Ha! I've even got a name for it: the Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters' Club.
Is that what they do?

I have to be honest, aside from the coaches to games I have no idea what the Supporters club does. What's the incentive to join it? Does it meet regularly with the club? Does Barber use it as a sounding board for ideas or does he pay it regular lip service like everyone else?

Not a criticism of the supporters club btw, the coaches in particular have lead to many fans discovering the fun of watching Albion away.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Other than regular fans’ forums at the AMEX and regionally, occasional fans’ forums in a pub/hotel near an away ground hosted by the Chairman, regular attendance at some regional fans’ group such as Seagulls over London (and others) by various senior club employees, being able to chat to the Chairman on train trips to and from away games, a.CEO who responds promptly and fully to any email sent to him, informative emails sent to fans on a regular basis, good programmes, good content on the website and other social media outlets, regular communication with the owner of the club’s largest online fans’ forum and obvious regular review of the content thereon, and the provision of a well-staffed fan helpline, you mean?

I dunno, I can’t think of a method of communication that could be used that isn’t already. I don’t agree with every decision the club makes, of course, but I do feel fully informed and communicated with. No business I have dealings with, professionally or personally, comes remotely close to the Albion in terms of how well they communicate with me. No other business I deal with has a CEO who is remotely as responsive as #BarberOut - he’s remarkable.

Entirely this.

One sees the odd individual personal beef where someone has not got the answer they wanted, and when I have seen such things I can usually understand both points of view.

No complaints here. I think the Club probably anticipates the realistic expectations and wishes of the fans fairly well.
It ain’t bust, and doesn’t need fixing, imo.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If one feels the need to communicate with the higher echelons of the club via social media or other type, I say do so.
If only to get a scratch itched, I'm all for it.
I regularly email PB, to the fact that he's taken out a court injunction preventing myself from actually pressing send on my computer.
Damn annoying really.
Good job there's plenty more [MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION] to contact :D

Dear Tony.........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Let’s be honest - we have an experienced board, an extremely good CEO & Vice Chairman well respected within the football period.
It’d be impossible and a huge waste of time to really engage with 30,000 fans for feedback on any kind of issues.

We are just fans and either trust the custodians of the football club or seek change the way I see it.

Impossible for anyone from the outside looking in to think we know better than those involved - but we can try and keep them honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here