Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Canio

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Di Canio Blasts Keeper Foderingham

After forcing out Paul Caddis to Birmingham he now seems set to force out Swindons number one.

He subbed off their keeper after 21minutes without an injury and at 2-0 down. The keeper was obviously really angry and had to be calmed down by John bostock.

Di canio said after the match "He was one of the worst players I have ever seen," said Di Canio. "He's another player like the others, why can't we change the goalkeeper? Because the goalkeeper has a different coloured shirt?
"I know Wes, he was the worst player against Stoke in the cup - he was far away the worst player, he made a rubbish performance. But I covered for him because we won 4-3. But what he did was not only the mistake, which can happen to anyone, but the arrogance when he started moaning to the other players - that was the worst thing for me.
"A player that doesn't recognise his mistakes which were clear from miles away, he started moaning to his team-mates. Out there he behaved as the worst professional, arrogant, ignorant athlete I have ever seen. And if he doesn't come out and apologise to the fans, to the professionals in general, he is out from my team."

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I knew something like that was coming-saw on BBC that Foderingham had been subbed after 21 when Swindon were 2-0 down. Paulo and Gus are my two favourite managers. Awesome press conferences. Say it how they see it and don't give a toss.

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Thank god we have Gus

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
he says what he feels and tbh subbing the keeper for having a shocker ant that bad, the keeper should hold his hands up and said yeah i was shocking and get on and prove himself.

Di Canio is a perfectionist and if players dont meet his high standards he lets them no, not sure its right but i would like to see some manager do the same from time to time

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm not sure that Di Canio shouting at everyone all the time when they lose will work long term.

They lost today didn't they?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Gus has the right Balance of Football knowledge, tactical ability, man management and just a little unpredictability that keeps everyone on there toes.

Di Canio has Football Knowledge, a little tactical ability, is totally unpredictable and dare I say it, Crazy!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He just say's it as it is. I wish Gus was as honest with some of Brez and Anks performances last year. He does go a bit OTT sometimes. I cant help but like the bloke. Would much rather have Gus though.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Even when Micky Adams hauled off Kuipers at half time on his debut at Southend he didn't slag him off publicly and put him back in the team for the following game. Di Canio needs to learn to keep these matters private.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He doesn't f*** about but he does have a short memory, he through his toys out of the Pram once or twice

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I like him and the way he says it how it is, but you dont go and say stuff like "he was total shit" to the press as thats just going to piss them off. Unless he wants to publicly put the fire up the keepers arse to get performances out of him, although its backfired massively if he wants to leave.

He is allowed to take a keeper off though, if he thinks they arent performing well then by all means take them off.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
He could possibly get away with it at Chelsea, where they have the money to constantly replace players for having a bad game but at Swindon? Hardly going to fill that keeper with confidence when he next has to go between the sticks that his manager mouthed off to the press that he thinks he's a shit professional.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Foderingham has never conceded more than 1 goal in a home game for Swindon, he is a VERY good young goalkeeper. Stoke are a Premier League team so conceding three to them doesn't look *that* bad on the face of it. Caddis was forced out because he openly questioned Paolo's preparation preferences, this is nothing like that I don't think. Foderingham was dropped for a couple of games last season after a few of the players went out on the lash (while Paolo was at home in Italy mourning the death of his father). This sort of knowledge has stopped now, but that happened recently enough for me to have been adequately briefed. I won't be following the fallout of this affair, apart from on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here