Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DeVecchi Celebrates

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Her live-in lover is going to get away with beating up an Argus photographer.
BHAFC are going down and will suffer a subsequent loss in income.
McGhee has lost it and wants to introduce "tossing the player off the team bus" to the Highland Games.
Lewes DC's delaying tactics are working just fine and the Falmer Stadium site will be used for something cultural like another theatre.
Brighton & Hove Council are going barmy and want to put pink plaques up everywhere even for heterosexual (but weirdo) Eric Gill; the artist not the goalkeeper.
Things are going Ann's way aren't they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
mona said:
McGhee has lost it and wants to introduce "tossing the player off"
Look, if it gets us a few goals, I don't care WHAT he introduces.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
mona said:
Lewes DC's delaying tactics are working just fine

The delaying tactics are working just fine for now. They might even delay us by another year. But LDC have elections next year and hopefully every Albion fan in the LDC catchment area will take great delight in voting DeVecchi and her cronies out on their ears. Don't get mad, get even.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

Tom Hark said:
The delaying tactics are working just fine for now. They might even delay us by another year. But LDC have elections next year and hopefully every Albion fan in the LDC catchment area will take great delight in voting DeVecchi and her cronies out on their ears. Don't get mad, get even.

That may well be so but it doesn't stop us getting relegated or deeper in the financial shit.

I would think that there are a sufficient numbers of voters that the votes of BHA fans won't change the outcome of an election.

Re: Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

BensGrandad said:
I would think that there are a sufficient numbers of voters that the votes of BHA fans won't change the outcome of an election.
It's not just BHA fans who are opposing de Vecchi's stance on the Judicial Review.

But, as people keep pointing out, there is also massive opposition to the Newhaven incinerator - which is seen as a conspiracy between East Sussex Tories and Brighton Labour councillors.

There's a real political vacuum to be filled when Lewes next gets to vote.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

Lord Bracknell said:

Are you volunteering?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

Tom Hark said:
LDC have elections next year and hopefully every Albion fan in the LDC catchment area will take great delight in voting DeVecchi and her cronies out on their ears. Don't get mad, get even.
I'd love you to be right but trying to close down the local professional football club did not prevent Baker from being elected. DeVecchi hasn't found her anti-Albion stance to be an impediment in previous elections and she has opposed us for a long time now.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
mona said:
McGhee has lost it and wants to introduce "tossing the player off the team bus" to the Highland Games.
Lewes DC's delaying tactics are working just fine and the Falmer Stadium site will be used for something cultural like another theatre.
Brighton & Hove Council are going barmy and want to put pink plaques up everywhere even for heterosexual (but weirdo) Eric Gill; the artist not the goalkeeper.

Are you the first person to use the phrase 'live in lover' since the 1970s?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So Lord B, what are the options then?

Would the right Independants - pro Falmer, Anti Incinerator (after all you are talking 2 completley different subjects here) have a chance?

I guess by next May/June we'll know the score with Falmer anyway but I would LOVE (in full Kevin Keegan style) if those responsible (both Lib Dem and Tory) for the delay got kicked out.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Another thought on the same subject.

It would be nigh on impossible to get the right candidates to stand in all the wards - BUT what about putting up a single Candidate in her ward - concentrate the effort - pull out all the stops to get the Leader of the Council kicked off?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Another thought on the same subject.

It would be nigh on impossible to get the right candidates to stand in all the wards - BUT what about putting up a single Candidate in her ward - concentrate the effort - pull out all the stops to get the Leader of the Council kicked off?

Could be done I reckon. Depends on the view of the people in Lewes Priory wrt de Vecchie's 'performance'

Votes last time:

LEWES PRIORY [top 3 qualify]
Ann de Vecchi-Hopper LD 1,166
John Webber LD 989
Christina O'Keefe Ind 952
Carole Borowski LD 896
Graham Mayhew C 633
David Tufnell C 536
Clive Shorthouse C 434
Stephen Watts Lab 377
Johnny Denis Grn 320
John Tan Grn 261
Anne Sawyer Lab 250
Trevor Hopper Lab 241

Problem is, of course, to kick de Vecchie off, 3 people need to beat her.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed Bassford should put himself up at the elections. Ed are you going to do it ?.

Ok things are going her way but it will never change the fact she is a ugly old boot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She got double the votes of the person in 6th place so it would probably just push her down a little if somebody stood against her and she would probably still be elected.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mona said:

On the subject of people losing it, Ann de Vecchi... oops, better not saying anything just yet.

Watch this space in about a couple of weeks... ;)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The best way to get rid of them will be to promote existing rival candidates that are pro-stadium. Then you will only have to take their existing votes high enough rather than start from scratch with a new candidate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Re: DeVecchi Celebrates

Lord Bracknell said:
It's not just BHA fans who are opposing de Vecchi's stance on the Judicial Review.

But, as people keep pointing out, there is also massive opposition to the Newhaven incinerator - which is seen as a conspiracy between East Sussex Tories and Brighton Labour councillors.

So they're extremely pissed off with all three parties? Fickle bunch. Ed, my man, I believe this is your moment...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rangdo said:
The best way to get rid of them will be to promote existing rival candidates that are pro-stadium. Then you will only have to take their existing votes high enough rather than start from scratch with a new candidate.
When doing the signatures a couple of months ago, I found that there wasn't a great enthusiasm for the stadium, but there wasn't a great deal of open hostility either.

What pissed everyone off was the fact that Lewes were spending this extra public money when, as everyone had known, the Planning Inquiry process has been lengthy, costly and exhaustive.

"This was a moment when Lewes District Council could have lost with dignity and worked with Brighton & Hove Albion to minimise the impact of the stadium. Instead, they are unnecessarily throwing money away on a process they will probably lose..."

I am paraphrasing, but who do you think said that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ed " Churchill " Bassford destroyed LDC and De Vecchi, I really feel his moment has arrived and he would win.

Go for it Ed !.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What's all this about MM tossing the players off in the team bus? Why can't he just give them fish and chips like everyone else? I hope the NOTW don't get hold of that - it could get very messy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here