Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desire- Dylan

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have been playing it tonight and I really do think it is one of the top ten albums of all time. From the injustices of Hurricane to the rich tones of Mozambique it really does sound as good now as when I first heard it all those years ago.

I ate some clams in Umbertos on Mulberry Street in Little Italy one night a few years back with Joey playing in my head and swore he was gonna come bursting in.

Magic album.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Come to think of it, Street Legal ain't far behind.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Stunning album. Shame about the muddy production. I'm not so sure about the injustices of Hurricane. Didn't he actually admit to the crime in the end?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very good shout.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stunning album. Shame about the muddy production. I'm not so sure about the injustices of Hurricane. Didn't he actually admit to the crime in the end?

I,m not sure he confessed to murder Binney although later in life he did admit to some pretty bad stuff.
Robbery and plenty of violence when he was young I think.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's easily my favourite Dylan album. An absolute classic.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Levon Helm of the Band RIP

The Band were not on this album as far as I can remember. My favourite album is Street Legal. The music is good on Desire but .....

Joey Gallo was CRAZY but it says so in the lyrics.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
One of my top 5 albums - not a bad track on it but "Sara" sells it for me

Not top 5 for me but "Sara" is an stupendous track

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Have been playing it tonight and I really do think it is one of the top ten albums of all time. From the injustices of Hurricane to the rich tones of Mozambique it really does sound as good now as when I first heard it all those years ago.

I ate some clams in Umbertos on Mulberry Street in Little Italy one night a few years back with Joey playing in my head and swore he was gonna come bursting in.

Magic album.

Some Desire outtakes new to me surfaced a couple of months including a stunning (IMO) alt version of Joey.

I love the album and Dylan was performing some of his greatest live performances at the end of 1975, spring of 1976 that took the nuances in the songs to new dimensions. The Bootleg Series Live 1975 did not do this period any justice although I do love the 1 hour DVD Hard Rain, live in May 1976, def worth seeking out if you have not seen it especially for the version of Idiot Wind (obviously not on Desire but BOTT)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Truly an amazing album. Hurricane is full of factual inaccuracies and distortions e.g. Carter was nowhere near number one contender at the time and his career was in free fall. Seems fairly likely that he was involved in the crime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here