Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deserve to go down?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stinking the prem out for four seasons ,looking over our shoulders again with four to play , relying on others .Sticking your head in the sand and believe everything will be ok . We have survived on the fact there are three worse teams than us for the fourth season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaning survived on the fact that Brighton were better than at least three teams this season.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
That Tottenham 3-0 last season was the first game where we’ve got a result from a ‘Pig Six’ but also totally outplayed them. Whilst Hughton got a few wins against the big clubs, we were generally having to defend a lot and rely on good saves and blocks.

We have competed amazingly well with the ‘Pig Six’ this season, it’s been astonishing. We outplayed Liverpool twice, should have taken at least 4 points off Spurs and only succumbed to Man City after a Dunk error.

There has never been a time before where we can go into games against the ‘Pig Six’ and genuinely be confident we’ve got a chance. It’s amazing. Whilst we have to improve that final piece of the jigsaw in finishing chances and games, we have everything we need to get our highest Premier League finish next season as long as we address our finishing.

We’ve never stunk less.

Here is a link to a performance worthy of ‘stinking out the Premier League’:
https://youtu.be/Q2NDfyQHIhY

Get some perspective man!

Being in the bottom 6 for four seasons looking over our shoulders is perspective ifs and whys Di t come into it results do

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
You're too kind Icy. Speechless? More like clueless. That or a troll. Or, more likely, both.

And yet again have a different opinion. Your a troll [emoji23]
Once more been following bha since 1977
Went goldstone prestfield withdean and a ten year season ticket at Amex
Plus demos as well
But you keep on posting Bollox

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Foresight is better, but throwing in the towel with months of the season to go is a little sad, and quite a few on this thread seemed to do so.

Strange to suggest a club who spend no time in the bottom three deserves to go down don’t you think?

[emoji106]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For me it's always been 'can we get 40+ points' so we deserve to stay up.

not are we less crap than three other teams, Neewcastle, Palace, Stains Burnley all had lots of stinky bits, we've only had a few, but unlike the others we can't seem to nail down 3 points from advantageous positions regularly and get to 10 wins. as far as deserving either comfortable survival or relegation, we've been on the fence 4 years . . . . still hoping we can make that extra rung up the ladder.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Plus demos as well

Then you really should know we're Brighton and Hove Albion and it's always been the way we do things around here!!:albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You think that we stank the division out this season? Genuinely speechless, I’ll give up at this point.
Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield Utd stunk the division out much more pungently and toxically than us this season :shrug:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield Utd stunk the division out much more pungently and toxically than us this season :shrug:
Sufc, wba, cp, nufc, bfc, were an embarrassment to the PL, awful football. Fulham fell short but were a much better team than the fore mentioned. We in turn were better than villa, Leeds, saints etc and should really have finished around 10th.

It's been the strangest season and I'm glad it's over. A non season, we'll kick on from here, quite sure of that provided the world in general gets back to so sort of normality.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Now that Fulham have helped us yes it is

Ah right. So what happens to the fixtures schedules for the next few weeks?

The table will look a bit odd with teams not even playing the same amount of games, let alone the full amount!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sufc, wba, cp, nufc, bfc, were an embarrassment to the PL, awful football. Fulham fell short but were a much better team than the fore mentioned. We in turn were better than villa, Leeds, saints etc and should really have finished around 10th.

It's been the strangest season and I'm glad it's over. A non season, we'll kick on from here, quite sure of that provided the world in general gets back to so sort of normality.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed, Fulham and WBA haven't played bad footbal like others, just not quite at the races as far as PL nous is concerned.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Stinking the prem out for four seasons ,looking over our shoulders again with four to play , relying on others .Sticking your head in the sand and believe everything will be ok . We have survived on the fact there are three worse teams than us for the fourth season

Just for the sake of accuracy. There were actually five teams worse than us in two out of three of our previous seasons.

In the last ten years, there have been 30 promotions from the Championship. Those in italics below have gone down again. That's two thirds relegated. Most of them within the first couple of seasons. The bottom eleven places are currently filled by teams who have been promoted within the last ten years, with only Leicester and West Ham currently sitting above any teams that have been in the division longer. We are currently the only team who was not in the division at the beginning of the Premier League to have never been relegated. The ESL proposal tried to officially introduce a closed shop, but economically it has been one for some time. It takes a massive injection of cash to keep afloat and a stupendous spend to try to break into the elite. Of these teams, others have had higher finishes, but only Leicester and Southampton have achieved top half finishes in anything close to 50% of their years since promotion. I admire your passion for us to succeed, and share the frustration at not making the next step up, but I don't think that you are allowing for the size of our task. We haven't stunk anything out this season, we've been a favourite of the neutrals and offered one of the more interesting narratives outside of the top six. We are not quite there, but we have been competitive. Leicester away was the one time that anyone had an easy game against us. We have deserved to be part of this league. We haven't relied on others. We've fought for everything we have. It's another C+ season. A passing grade, but room for improvement.

QPR, Norwich, Swansea
Reading, Southampton, West Ham
Cardiff, Hull City, Crystal Palace
Leicester, Burnley, QPR
Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich

Middlesborough, Hull City, Burnley
Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield
Cardiff, Fulham
, Wolves
Norwich, Aston Villa, Sheffield United
Leeds, Fulham, WBA

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Plus demos as well

We've been following the Albion a similar sort of time.
Bearing in mind where we have been I have to pinch myself to see us in the Premier League often out playing some of the top teams.
I just have a lot of pride and hope for the future and so pleased that I am a Brighton fan.
Each to their own.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Plus demos as well

You’re basically saying you’re a grumpy old git? :thumbsup::whistle::)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here