Is it still dead?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
US and his new "stablemate" LI
:lolol: :lolol:

To be fair, I learnt a lot from those two yesterday. Like, just because something's a horse doesn't mean it's not HUMAN, right?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why is the Desert Orchid thread in gold?? Seems a bit sad and pathetic to be honest with all the jokes made, I expected it to be in childish ramblings.

RIP Desert Orchid a fantastic horse. :angel:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
just because something's a horse doesn't mean it's not HUMAN, right?

Precisely.

Desert Orchid in his prime:

horse2hj8.jpg

Trigger said:
:yawn: And in other news yesterday...

Trigger is dead.

Movie cowboy Roy Rogers announced yesterday that his equine co-star died of old age at 33 last July 3. He said he hesitated to reveal the news, fearing the loss would shock Trigger fans around the world.

So fond was Rogers of the big Palomino that he is having him stuffed and mounted for a projected Western museum at the singer-actor's resort in Apple Valley, Calif.

"After old Trigger passed away I just couldn't bury him," Rogers said emotionally. "So I thought it would be best to have him mounted.

"Several years ago, I had a request from the Smithsonian Institution wanting to know if they could have him mounted when he passed away. But I'd rather not part with him."

Rogers rode Trigger in 87 feature movies and 101 half-hour television shows. In recent years, he has ridden Trigger Jr. -- now 28 years old -- and Trigger III, a coltish 8-year-old.

Similarity of markings made the three horses almost indistinguishable from one another. But Rogers never became as fond of the younger horses as he was of the original.

"It really shook me up when Trigger passed on," he said.

"It was like losing one of the family. He was beautifully trained. I could do anything with him. When I'd come to the barn or the corral, he'd nuzzle me for attention and hope for a lump of sugar."

"You can be really attached to a horse. They're capable of of returning affection. But they threw away the patten when they made Trigger. During all those hard rides for pictures and television he never fell once. We had to do more retakes for human actors than for Trigger."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
And Rod Hull.
Thank god this place was above cracking jokes about that awful event.

Like suggesting that Rod Hull washed his clothes with Aerial and Bounce. Or that emu's last words were "right a bit". No-one posted those. This place has SOME standards.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Just picked up on yesterdays goings on after reading GG's master flounce.

Hilarious, what an amusing way to start the day.

me too, incredible:lolol:

Made me laugh seeing him gettin all high and mighty about a f***ing horse and then thinking back to his venom for the people of Iraq. Don't they have horses there?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pah ! You have all this fuss about Dessie but what about poor old Shergar ? Now he was murdered no mistake. That was far more of a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here