Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derren Brown...Apocalypse...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Not fake. No point to fake it, you might as well do it for real for all the effort you'd need to put in. If you can control the complete environment camera angles and actors don't matter. That guy honestly thought he'd woken up in that hospital.

Or he might have faked it so everyone would watch like we have. He says he doesn't use stooges in his live shows, many of which i have been to and when he tried to put the audience to sleep, it didn't work on me...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My point is you would have to do 95% of the work to fake it, why not go that extra 5% and not risk losing all future TV contracts, reputation etc... I cant be hypnotised like the people Derren meets but that just means i'll not be part of his shows ever.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Fake unless the major player is sub human in some way. Which is possible.

Family and friends incredibly bad acting would have given it away if real. Good cahnce that one of the zilliuons of hidden cameras would have been noticed.

Brother laughing on coach next to him as explosions went off.

EasyJet planes in the sky after the meteor strike.

Designer stubble after 14 days unconscious. (Plus no need for a wee or poo). Plus the natural first reaction in that situation would be to arm yourself and kill all that moved.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Fake unless the major player is sub human in some way. Which is possible.

Family and friends incredibly bad acting would have given it away if real. Good cahnce that one of the zilliuons of hidden cameras would have been noticed.

Brother laughing on coach next to him as explosions went off.

EasyJet planes in the sky after the meteor strike.

Designer stubble after 14 days unconscious. (Plus no need for a wee or poo). Plus the natural first reaction in that situation would be to arm yourself and kill all that moved.

I'd be more concerned if his friends and family were good actors. At the beginning of the show they did show them narrowing 8000 applicants do to one, so I reckon they'd have picked someone who isn't the brightest tool in the box.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I have been hypnotised myself a couple of times, one of which was 'instant' (it's not actually instant, but it appears that way, it a series of different things over a period of time.)

I used to be sceptical about hypnosis until it happened to me. So believe me when I tell you it IS possible

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Because it's not possible. As long as the audience are convinced, it makes good TV (except for those who realise it's all staged)

Of course its possible. Have total control of the environment you can do what you like. and to those that think he is an actor answer the reputational issue Derren would have if found out. He'd be a laughing stock.

phatsam99

Jul 6, 2011
Don't think so it's a good shout but the zugos is run on a channel 4 program that's to obv, I think Is real, why would they spend time in it reashoring him that his family still alive and blacking out the windows of the amb then they get picked up so he can't see there driving around in circuses

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here