Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derek Chapman - Thank you

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see he was at school with Tony Towner but doesn't say whether it was primary and secondary. I was at TT's primary school, I wonder if Derek was there

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I see he was at school with Tony Towner but doesn't say whether it was primary and secondary. I was at TT's primary school, I wonder if Derek was there
Tony Towner was 2 years above Derek at Stanmer SS. Tony's brother was one year up from Derek.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Legend. Overused word, but utterly true in this case.

Is he the last connection with the 'old' (pre-Amex) club?
Ray Bloom has been a director for 30 years. Tony was also pre Amex bearing in mind it took a few years to build and he'd taken over from Dick Knight in order to finance it.

(as an aside, the club still have RDZ's photo in the Who's Who section!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Derek’s wife C invited me and two of my lads into the Amex boardroom on match day a few years ago. Really lovely people, hope he isn’t suffering. X
She is a lovely lady, and very funny too, I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking to her quite a few times through work.

I understand Derek was offered some kind of life membership on the board and declined it as he did not want to be that old fart in the corner of the board room, and wants to continue watching the Albion from different areas in the Amex, a true Albion legend like many that helped save the Albion, nothing but the utmost respect for him and his wife.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Top man, thank you for your loyalty and service

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Legend. Overused word, but utterly true in this case.

Is he the last connection with the 'old' (pre-Amex) club?
In a formal capacity, quite possibly.

Dick Knight is not a well man these days, but Bob Pinnock and his wife Jenny still have STs in the Lower West.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In a formal capacity, quite possibly.

Dick Knight is not a well man these days, but Bob Pinnock and his wife Jenny still have STs in the Lower West.
Ray Bloom is a non executive director. He dates back to the Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here