Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derbyshire CC

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
.........and probably going to take some sort of record for the highest % of runs scored by one player in a completed innings.

I make that 62.8% - I think the record is 79%.
Can't remember who got it but think it was an Australian - Gwylan or BoF will probably know the answer.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I make that 62.8% - I think the record is 79%.
Can't remember who got it but think it was an Australian - Gwylan or BoF will probably know the answer.

I think it was a Kiwi, Glen Turner, but will have to look it up

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So we only need six wickets or 250 runs in the 1st innings of the next game to get promoted. Don't think even Sussex could cock that up!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't think Glous can get promoted now - serves them right for producing such a shoddy pitch.

456342.html

:bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Test match, I think it is Michael Slater. No idea about first class overall.

What we really need is Bearders. :down:

I was right, it was Turner

From Cricinfo

The highest percentage of runs scored in any completed innings is 83.43% by Glenn Turner who scored 141* out of Worcestershire's 169 against Glamorgan at Swansea in 1977. The remaining batsmen scored 27 and there was one extra

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was right, it was Turner

From Cricinfo

The highest percentage of runs scored in any completed innings is 83.43% by Glenn Turner who scored 141* out of Worcestershire's 169 against Glamorgan at Swansea in 1977. The remaining batsmen scored 27 and there was one extra

:thumbsup:

In all honesty I did remember the figure 141 from somewhere, wasn't sure it was the innings total or the individual score.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As a matter of interest, why did the pitch inspectors not deduct points? Apparently, the weather was sunny so there was no heavy cloud cover, yet the match is over in about 150 overs, 40 wickets falling for just over 500 runs. No-one can tell me that that wicket wasn't dodgy.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don't think Glous can get promoted now - serves them right for producing such a shoddy pitch.

456342.html

:bowdown:

Ches is going to be a legend - Started the season as an outside chance for the 1 day team at #6 or 7, finishing at first choice #3. For the record, he is absolutely massive, and when it's hit, it's hit....

Glad the mighty peakites could do you a favour. :thumbsup:

Shame I'll miss a trip to Hove though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here