Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby-Lowest league attendence yet?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As well as the usual 2-3000 no shows Derby won't bring many down so it could easily be the lowest league crowd so far.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Derby sent back part of their allocation. 900 extra seats in the South Stand for Albion fans. Attendance could also be affected by Saturday's result.

A result that leaves us ONE POINT behind the team in 4th, with 9 games to go, FIVE of which are at home. If people look at that and decide not to go on Tuesday because we lost to a side that were two divisions above us this time last year, then they are twats, in my opinion.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
A result that leaves us ONE POINT behind the team in 4th, with 9 games to go, FIVE of which are at home. If people look at that and decide not to go on Tuesday because we lost to a side that were two divisions above us this time last year, then they are twats, in my opinion.

Totally & utterly this. We've just lost our 1st game in 2012 for gods sake - anyone who doesn't go on Tuesday because of that isn't a genuine supporter IMO. Support means following your team whether they win, lose or draw. Come on you super seagulls ... we can still make the play offs. 3 pts Tuesday would be great & I'll be there cheering the lads on as always.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
As well as the usual 2-3000 no shows Derby won't bring many down so it could easily be the lowest league crowd so far.

Spoke to my Bro in law last night (Derby fan) He reckons they have sold just over 800 .
Him and the Wifes sister are coming to ours today and we will all go the match together tomorrow .
For 90 minutes he aint family , then on with the beer and wine fest !!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells

Precisely. 9 bloody games to go and 5 are at home. I simply cannot believe that people will actually think oh well we lost at Blackpool so not much point going on Tuesday. It's been a tremendous season and probably the best for me personally from an enjoyment perspective since 1988 promotion season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Live with it, always has been like that, probably always will be. If the Albion play attractive winning football they sell out. If they lose a game which drops them out of the top few places, the crowds will drop. Too many other things to do down here and we only have a hardcore 6k.

It's annoying but so was the fact that we struggled to sell Withdean out even for big games. We are mostly fairweather down here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sense as always, Hiney old boy. :thumbsup:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
would of loved to go to this game, house mate at uni is a big derby fan and we went to the reverse fixture. Would very much like to have championship bragging rights.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Slightly off topic, but I'm taking my 67 year old dad to his first game at the Amex. He' not in the best of health and I could only take him to withdean once. I feel a bit proud to be taking him on Tuesday if only to say 'we made it dad and look how far we've come'. He took me to my first game at the Goldstone in 1976. So will be 3 generations of us at the Derby game. 3 points would be a bonus.

That's EXACTLy the kind of thing I like to read on NSC. Hope you and he have a great night (make sure he sings).

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Precisely. 9 bloody games to go and 5 are at home. I simply cannot believe that people will actually think oh well we lost at Blackpool so not much point going on Tuesday. It's been a tremendous season and probably the best for me personally from an enjoyment perspective since 1988 promotion season.

Couldn't agree more with this. You sound, like me, as if you don't want it to end. I saw only five more home games to go and thought, bloody hell it's gone quickly. I work in London and as a result have had to miss a couple of the evening games, one because of that tunnel collapsing before the Friday Leeds game, but I'm taking days off for the remaining evening games. Wouldn't miss them for anything.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That's the sort of perspective I like to be reminded of.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Has the South Stand sold out now?

No

go on ticket website and choose stand from the right hand options ... for some reason the diagram does not show south stand availability but it does let you choose from option box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here