Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If the £5m as quoted is correct take the money re invest £2.5m in the squad and bin the rest, no brainer.

so you want to bin £2.5m? can I empty the bins that day?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he's going, and we've got an acceptable offer, let's get this done asap so we can spend the fee.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I rate Dunk but to be honest £5 million is a lot of money and would be hard to turn down. He has only played one full season and still has a lot to learn, especially with regard to diving in on tackles. In some ways I think his goalscoring masked these.

As said earlier, we would need to spend that money wisely and invest it in the squad. Considering the work that does need doing on the squad, if invested well it could improve us for the season as I'm sure we can get a two central defenders in for significantly less than that and have money to spend.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
£5million :eek:

That's £2million more than we paid for Dann. Fair play for getting that amount.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Be interesting to see if it is really £5 million or £2 million rising to £5 million with add ons.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Erm you have to play to be sent off :thumbsup:

I'm sure that's not always true. There must have been a sub sent off without coming on for having a fight.

While this was not true for Dunk, he did only last eight minutes from memory. Not a great deal of time to judge (although I've known Brighton fans write off a player in less time).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
so you want to bin £2.5m? can I empty the bins that day?

You know what I meant put the £2.5m in the bin marked FFP. I cannot believe that anybody would offer £5m for him but if selling you only need 1 man to offer it. As others have said CB are not generally that expensive. so we should be able to replace him and pocket some money to keep PB happy.

Dec 29, 2011
Dunk out (£5m)......Halford in (free).............groundhog day....

I'm concerned with replacing Greer, I honestly think he's past it. Hughes has been released, Halford has returned to his club, Dunk could be off and Greer is quickly declining in ability. Does that leave us with 0 center backs? Lots of work needs doing in the transfer window.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know they're in the PL, but would that be a good move for him? They're unlikely to do much better than struggle towards mid-table, and Newcastle fans are likely to turn on him as fast as Sunderland fans turned on Bridcutt and Buckley if he so much as makes a mistake.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Hull dropped 2.5m on Harry Maguire from Sheffield United a year or so ago. So 5m for Dunk from Newcastle seems like a good price to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here