Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Id drive him to either for £500k.
We'd be mugs to not take the first offer.
He was rubbish last season.
The Albion are a selling club.

Any more...

I totally agree.................Taxi for Dunk

I don't really rate him that highly. Although that said, you have to pretend your desperate to keep him to drive the price up. I think if you can get a few million for him then we could spend the money better. Decent central defenders are easier to find for lesser monies.

Harder to find without paying good money for, are attacking misfielders or forwards and that is where I would be hoping the club would be investing financially

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Think fulhum and derby trying for one of our best players says a lot about where other teams in this division se us ont the football pyramid.
A smaller club trying to survive in the Championship.

Couldn't agree more. Obviously most clubs see us as a sitting duck waiting to get relegated. Tony needs to invest or we're bacl to div 3 again.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It wouldn't surprise me if players look at how the fans are (happy or complaining (sometimes unjustly) and take that into consideration before signing?

Hughton : Sign here lad. Its for the website.
Barber: (whispers) How did we get away with that fee. [Rubs hands. Cackles.]
Bloom: All smile everyone. We really will be challenging for the top 6 this time.
Player's Agent: Hang on. Whats this on my phone. North Stand Chat ? Who's this Ernest who says we're loose.
Player: (FURIOUS) I thought you'd checked this. Look. Mr Hughton. I'm sorry Its off. The fans are bedwetters. Moaners. The lot of em. Get Leeds on the phone. (player never heard of again).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting, which strikers ( Barnes aside) have been destroyed by Albion fans? We have only had three decent ones in the last 5 years and Barnes was one of them. I hope you're not suggesting CMS was destroyed by Albion fans, I've never see a player given more leeway by fans in the decades I've been watching them play.

Did Barnes even get that much abuse?...i don't ever remember him getting booed .We were only saying the same thing about CMS at the last home game.Good job he never went to West Ham.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Did Barnes even get that much abuse?...i don't ever remember him getting booed .We were only saying the same thing about CMS at the last home game.Good job he never went to West Ham.
Barnes got plenty of unnecessary abusive stick from the stands. I heard it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hughton : Sign here lad. Its for the website.
Barber: (whispers) How did we get away with that fee. [Rubs hands. Cackles.]
Bloom: All smile everyone. We really will be challenging for the top 6 this time.
Player's Agent: Hang on. Whats this on my phone. North Stand Chat ? Who's this Ernest who says we're loose.
Player: (FURIOUS) I thought you'd checked this. Look. Mr Hughton. I'm sorry Its off. The fans are bedwetters. Moaners. The lot of em. Get Leeds on the phone. (player never heard of again).

Just curious, do you ever read other clubs message boards?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So every other club's boards you read, do not have fans who are moaners, bedwetters and lickers then?

Of course they do. We're not that different. And it takes one to spot one :)
But NSC is rare in having such a diverse range of subjects, is really well run with great moderation/care, provides fantastic support for those in need, knows when/how to take the piss out of itself, is nearly always first with news about the club and has an incredible amount of knowledgeable, helpful, crazed, fun, and downright enjoyable contributors who at the end of the day support the Albion so i forgive em anything.
That said, 210 posts in, I'm still none the wiser as to whether we're gonna sell Dunk! I wouldn't want it any other way.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Of course they do. We're not that different. And it takes one to spot one :)
But NSC is rare in having such a diverse range of subjects, is really well run with great moderation/care, provides fantastic support for those in need, knows when/how to take the piss out of itself, is nearly always first with news about the club and has an incredible amount of knowledgeable, helpful, crazed, fun, and downright enjoyable contributors who at the end of the day support the Albion so i forgive em anything.
That said, 210 posts in, I'm still none the wiser as to whether we're gonna sell Dunk! I wouldn't want it any other way.

Well use your influence to have your own blue and white tinted glasses thread, to get all perspective new signings to read your post only. That should stop players turning us down.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm meant to be carrying his clubs at a charity golf day soon. If he goes he can carry his own bag...have that Dunky!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well use your influence to have your own blue and white tinted glasses thread, to get all perspective new signings to read your post only. That should stop players turning us down.

Poor *******s if they end up having to read my nonsense...:)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't forget that fans were in full bed wetting mode in the summer.

Complaining about the Manager leaving (then the incoming manager) the new kit provider, the advertising for the club (one league, one ambition) about the players we had lost and the players we had left.

They were complaining about the lack of signings and when we finally made a few, they were complaining that the players we were signing arn't good enough for the club and so on.

And, as time went by, ''they'' were proved to have a point, and had to put up for weeks with fatuous suggestions that they suffered from nocturnal incontinence - which, weak though it was, was probably the best their detractors (the ones who went very quiet around October) could come up with.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
That is the maximum figure we would get as Premier club scouts do not rate him, too slow too one footed lack of concentration, but having said that adequate for us.

Cant argue with that but if someone offers £5 million then we could bring in a couple of players who would make us into a good mid-table position next season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Barnes didn't get much abuse - he really enjoyed his time here, and would love to come back. Not the attitude of someone who got loads of abuse....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant argue with that but if someone offers £5 million then we could bring in a couple of players who would make us into a good mid-table position next season.

We can live in hope that if he does go it will be for a good fee irrespective of what we think. Who would have paid £35m for Andy Carroll so it does happen people pay over the odds some times.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They WILLl sell him because we are, and always have been a selling club.
But he wont go to any club in The Championship.
If he did then it would just confirm to me personally that Bloom is not the man to take our club forward.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

You really think that we'd spend the £5M on players? Somehow I doubt it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You really think that we'd spend the £5M on players? Somehow I doubt it.

And will decent players come to us now we've shot ourselves in the foot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here